TetraNetMonitor UI Experimentation

hassanila

@thewraith2008 Great work

I also noticed almost no sound issues in TetraNetMonitor, the sound is perfect and doesn't cut like in TTT version. It probably has something to do with the way the signal gets demodulated/decoded by the Tuner/TETRA Demodulator plugin(s).

You should try to fuse TTT and TNM(Tetra Net Monitor) together in the future

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008 Great work

I also noticed almost no sound issues in TetraNetMonitor, the sound is perfect and doesn't cut like in TTT version. It probably has something to do with the way the signal gets demodulated/decoded by the Tuner/TETRA Demodulator plugin(s).
Not really as the code used for the TTT plug-in and Tetra Net Monitor are the same. The difference is in the rendering of the audio.
I actually find because of the lack of AGC in Tetra Net Monitor, audio can be harsh and sounds like some users are screaming and my speakers are tearing. (Female voices are the worse).
You should try to fuse TTT and TNM(Tetra Net Monitor) together in the future
Yes that is the goal but I'm not that keen to repeat the process of the last 12+ months.

thewraith2008

Here is a hot fix for the below issue.

v1.0.0.1 - Hot fix 2

FIX: SDS - 2 Text encodings used are not supported by .net
- These un-supported encodings caused a crash.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download

MD5 Hash: 83d94dafef7c9faa22c7a1249e8da8cb

thewraith2008

Doing some tests with overlaying the set carrier number on the spectrum display.

10 tuners defined (MAX)
Idle color changed (from yellow) to orange.
Active call color green. Line is a little wider than idle and carrier # boxed (green).

It's getting a little crowded on my measly 2 Msps bandwidth. Would be nice to be able to test 5+ Msps.

xuAFE6R.png

thewraith2008

If you want to try latest changes

v1.0.03

Changed: Spectrum marker color to orange, orange = idle/listening.

Added: Labels (with carrier #) for a set tuner in spectrum display of SDR#
- Active call will see marker change to green (from orange) and carrier # boxed.
- Can be Enable/Disabled for each tuner.

Changed: SDR# plug-in side panel
- For "Current:" Carrier# and frequency.
-- Same as marker, orange = idle/listening and green = active call and grey=tuner OFF.

Download

MD5 Hash: 2d87b931728a9cd4cf581ad3f5dbc9d0

hamradionl

thewraith2008
Latest update some fix
This work very well like a automatic scanning function find active channels by itself
Also working use 2x instance <== from SDR# monitor 2 different network, fully automatic scanning.
THANK YOU !

Last edited:

thewraith2008

Updated to v1.0.0.4 with the following changes

NOTE: The saved XML files are changed. Delete if see problems.
- NetMonitorSettings.xml has the seen GSSI in it. (May want to backup)

v1.0.0.4

Added: MCC and MNC (derived from MNI) to 'Groups' tab

Removed: Un-used 'Log' tab

Changed: Label in 'Config' for 'InstanceID' to 'SDR# number'.
- 'InstanceID' is still used in 'Tuners' tab and will remain.

Fixed: Changing 'Config' "SDR# number" and then closing (OK) causes global change,
which will update tuners list in main program.
Note: There can be a approx 2 second delay before update. Probably best to do while SDR# not playing.
Note: Will create new settings files on exit. Old ones are not deleted

Fixed: When more than 2 SDR# used. The hard limit was meant to be 3 but end port value was wrong.
- Hard limit changed to 5 running SDR#'s (0-4)
- If used, the 5th SDR# can only have one tuner.

Updated documentation to reflect new changes.

Download

MD5 Hash: ed38311dbfec1e9144471fd234baddc0

Hello,
I tried to load plugin on SDR#, but the plugin never shows up in the left pane...
I'm running on SDR# v1.0.0.1700 as required (no other plugins installed), checked for the pre-req and also modified the plugins.xml accordingly (only one receiver to start).

Is there a way to activate debugs or logging to see why it's not loading into SDR#?

I did... :oops: I was using 1.0.0.3 but 1.0.0.4 had the same behavior on my machine... :\

Can the windows locale be an issue? any specific date and time format required?

hamradionl

The_freakquency
Dont know what your language or local setting are, but install is very simpel.
You try the minimum of 3x magic line plugins.xml
<add key="Tetra1" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>
<add key="Tetra2" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>
<add key="Tetra3" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>

You mention a minimum of 3, but the install mentions " Include the number of tuners as required into each running copy of SDR# ".
I was previously using only one line, but adding the other two didn't changed anything...

Here's the content of my plugin.xml file:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<sharpPlugins>
  <add key="AF DNR" value="SDRSharp.DNR.AFNoiseReductionPlugin,SDRSharp.DNR" />
  <add key="IF DNR" value="SDRSharp.DNR.IFNoiseReductionPlugin,SDRSharp.DNR" />
  <add key="Baseband Noise Blanker" value="SDRSharp.NoiseBlanker.BasebandNoiseBlankerPlugin,SDRSharp.NoiseBlanker" />
  <add key="Demodulator Noise Blanker" value="SDRSharp.NoiseBlanker.DemodulatorNoiseBlankerPlugin,SDRSharp.NoiseBlanker" />
  <add key="Wave Recorder" value="SDRSharp.WavRecorder.WavRecorderPlugin,SDRSharp.WavRecorder" />
  <add key="Zoom FFT" value="SDRSharp.ZoomFFT.ZoomFFTPlugin,SDRSharp.ZoomFFT" />
  <add key="Band Plan" value="SDRSharp.BandPlan.BandPlanPlugin,SDRSharp.BandPlan" />
  <add key="Frequency Manager" value="SDRSharp.FrequencyManager.FrequencyManagerPlugin,SDRSharp.FrequencyManager" />
  <add key="Signal Diagnostics" value="SDRSharp.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsPlugin,SDRSharp.Diagnostics" />
  <add key="Tetra1" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>
  <add key="Tetra2" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>
  <add key="Tetra3" value="SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.TetraNetMonPlugin,SDRSharp.TetraNetMon"/>
</sharpPlugins>

What dazzle me is that there are no error message at all. If I intentionnaly screw the XML format in the plugin file I get an error message, so I know it's loaded on startup. :confused:

2019-05-22_11h57_48.png

I really dont know where to look :| any thoughts?

hamradionl

The_freakquency
1x Tuner on the Maincarrier you not track signal on the 2e tuner SUBcarrier :)
When you copy all the 4x files in SDR# folder
NAudio.dll
SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll
tetraVoiceDec.dll
TetraNetMon.exe

Iam lost for give you advice.

thewraith2008

What dazzle me is that there are no error message at all. If I intentionnaly screw the XML format in the plugin file I get an error message, so I know it's loaded on startup. :confused:

I really dont know where to look :| any thoughts?

The absence of "SDRSharp.TetraNetMon.dll" in SDR# folder will make it not show in SDR#, but you say that file is present.
Double check that the 4 required files are present in the working SDR# folder.

Your 'Plugin.xml' file is OK.

Because you have SDR# running, I'll assume the at least these .NET frameworks are installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"

Which only leaves the following. Is this installed:
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

Although, I think if it wasn't you would see some message about missing something from that package.

Are you able to install any other plug-ins just for the sake of testing?