Texarkana

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

So i spent 2 hours in texarkana and i didn't hear 1 pd or fd .I have all the local control channels in. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a bcd996p2 .
Thank you, Jerry

nd5y

Texarkana is part of GATRRS now and they made several FCC applications recently. The db may not be current any longer.

cajunjerry

Hey Tom, are you talking about the old system? I am taking about the AWIN system..as always, thanks for your time and help. Jerry

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hi mark , its supposed to be their new system for AWIN. And i am not familiar with GATRRS. Thanks for your help....Jerry

OK. Re-reading nd5y's post, he said they are not using AWIN and are using GATRRS (i.e. another system, likely new since he said the FCC stuff was new and not updated in the db yet).

However, looking up GATRRS, it's website is talking about Austin, TX, and "central and south Texas" which, as we know, is not where Texarkana is. So...I'm somewhat confused. However, he said it pretty confidently so, if that's the case, that means they aren't on AWIN and are on GATRRS. :confused:

Waiting for nd5y to chime back in and explain further.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
OK. Re-reading nd5y's post, he said they are not using AWIN and are using GATRRS (i.e. another system, likely new since he said the FCC stuff was new and not updated in the db yet).

However, looking up GATRRS, it's website is talking about Austin, TX, and "central and south Texas" which, as we know, is not where Texarkana is. So...I'm somewhat confused. However, he said it pretty confidently so, if that's the case, that means they aren't on AWIN and are on GATRRS. :confused:

Waiting for nd5y to chime back in and explain further.

They are on GATRRS, using this site...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=30942

cajunjerry

Very strange that they have new AWIN TG and even have them listed. Will I be able to monitor them with my bcd996p2? Thanks everyone

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Very strange that they have new AWIN TG and even have them listed. Will I be able to monitor them with my bcd996p2? Thanks everyone

Well GATRRS is a P25 system and the 996p2 is a P25 scanner so yes, unless they are encrypted. Import it and give it a shot...

Not strange to have AWIN talkgroups - every county has at least one. Interop...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well GATRRS is a P25 system and the 996p2 is a P25 scanner so yes, unless they are encrypted. Import it and give it a shot...

Not strange to have AWIN talkgroups - every county has at least one. Interop...
Perhaps the AWIN talkgroups, though not tagged as such, are 'backup' talkgroups, in case their primary, GATRRS affiliated, system goes down. Or possibly they are for use if/when there was a major incident of some type, to facilitate interop from or with agencies that are primarily AWIN associated.

nd5y

I forgot there are two Texarkanas, didn't notice this was posted in the AR forum and don't know off hand what system Texarkana, AR uses.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Texarkana uses both... The TX half uses GATRRS AR half uses the AWIN at least that was the last submitted data. They do have Mutual Aid ISSI and Patches available if needed.

cajunjerry

Hi milf ,then i should have heard the Arkansas side on AWIN? I tried to search just the control channels and all I heard was Lafayette so and Miller S O. Something is off...Jerry

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes, ALL Miller County Public Safety is AWIN. Primary Texarkana PD Dispatch is AWIN, and the TX mobiles are GATRRS, AR Mobiles AWIN. Though there could be a simulcast of dispatch on GATRRS also. With three sites known in the area, should have plenty of coverage.

WQDF796 in Brightstar area...
WNJI749 in Fouke area...
WQDM707 in Genoa area...

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Last edited by a moderator:

nd5y

WQXA516
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQXA516
Lookie here! New 700 MHz site for the city....

WRAG442
here is the STA.. SO its a new system!

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WRAG442

Bet its an AWIN site, and a zone 4 site..... Looking like a buttload of new 700 MHz sites for AWIN poppin on.

Both of those licenses have the same frequencies and are what is in the db for the GATRRS site.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=30942

More info about the system
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20248135&attachmentInd=applAttach

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20356998&attachmentInd=applAttach

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Now we just need someone there to log and confirm if the AR half is now using that instead of AWIN, and find ALL the TGs. That way we can update the DB. I have been told that basically its a cluster F and TX DPS and AWIN can not play nice with each other like in the days before the old Bi State system.... For those of us that are not stuck in the political BS.. Simple answer is to set up an mutual use system with ONLY the local AWIN, and GATRRS sites usable, and programmed into all the local radios. If it works for the Metro Indy area with SAFE-T and IDPS... But then again, whole other mindset down there. Makes me wonder how they agreed to the old Bi State JCTRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.