Texas - Linden Forestry feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Lucky Boyd on Justin.tv

live scanner audio from Upshur County area of Texas working wildfires

"Linden Dispatch" - Marshall Air Attack - Bear Creek Air Attack (14 Sierra) - 8HX

1930 PM EDT - they are responding to a new wildfire near railroad tracks in Upshur County

feed is fairly busy - now hearing a plane talking

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
They just gave out 159.30 as a primary air to ground freq - N of the City of Murrieta - PL 127.3 maybe - 4 SEATs have done drops but they are done for the night I think - Great Packman Lake will be used for water supply (thats what he said :) - 100 to 150 acres - maybe a different fire - Fire Number 575 - yup might be a new fire

Boulder

That feed you linked to is actually scanning Cass County along with the Texas Forest Service Linden Dispatch office, not Upshur County. The Forest service in Linden covers at least 14 counties in NE Texas including Upshur which is why you heard talk about fires in Upshur County.

The Bear Creek fire is the big 50,000 acre fire that is between Linden, Avinger, and Jefferson that has pretty much been contained, but mop-up operations are still ongoing.

The Marshall fire popped up today just East of Marshall along I-20 along with the Marietta fire.

There is multiple aircraft in the area that have been working the Bear Creek fire including Helicopters, CL-215 Scooper Planes, and Heavy Air Tankers (P3's) and lead planes, and have been hitting other fires as they are popping up.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Boulder, I saw that Marshall fire coming back from Navasota yesterday. It was a sick plume, and I saw it from all the way in Carthage on the 79 loop.

Boulder

I saw that too from Linden area Sunday when I was leaving to come back home. The Bear Creek fire plume I could see all the way from Wood County

Status
Not open for further replies.