Texas New Mexico Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallenapd

SDS100 - Cant hear TXNMP. Brazoria County Conv. Freqs loaded. When Svc Type is "Utility" I get "Nothing to scan" When S/T is set to business it scans but I hear nothing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
SDS100 - Cant hear TXNMP. Brazoria County Conv. Freqs loaded. When Svc Type is "Utility" I get "Nothing to scan" When S/T is set to business it scans but I hear nothing.
When you manually loaded the frequencies, what Service Type was entered? Unless you modified it, the default, for manual entries, is Custom 1.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When Svc Type is "Utility" I get "Nothing to scan" When S/T is set to business it scans but I hear nothing.
But when you added the conventional frequencies to a system, did you tag them as Utilities or Business?

As I noted, the default service type for manually entered frequencies or talkgroups is Custom 1. But, during the entry, you can change that to Utilities or Business.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
FWIW I saw a TNMP truck north of Alvin recently and it had no radios installed. They might be using cellular.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Before new Mexico public service took a lot of TNMP lines, they were UHF over in NM, then went to Nextel type phones with PTT, then a app, while some had some form of 2 channel radio. Could be they are using some type of PTT app the company has.

I've noticed more going to DMR, NXDN trunked type around NM itself with the utilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.