Texas Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Bryan/College Station, aka Aggieland. 100 miles northwest of Houston and 100 miles southeast of Waco. Been living here for about 21 years now. It gets really CRAZY here during football games at Kyle Mega-Field. The radio traffic gets really interesting during the games. You can see that stadium from almost any point in town and hear the cheering for miles.
Bryan was established by the brother of William Jennings Bryan, William Joel Bryan. Home to one of the oldest banks in Texas, First National Bank, which was established in 1836. Both police departments (Bryan and College Station) are located on the same side of the same road, but about ten miles apart. Also, Brazos County SO is one of the first departments in the nation to replace its entire patrol fleet with Dodge Chargers. Matchbox Toys has put out a model of the SO's Dodge Magnum.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
KE5HOB said:
The oldest town in Texas, Nacogdoches!

HEY! I'm originally from Nac! Family moved then in the early 70's when I was 5, and I only just moved away 2 years ago (30+ years)! NHS Class of '84. Shoot me a PM, we might know each other or know some of the same people.

xtraclass

I grew up in San Angelo and go back once or twice a year to visit family. I also spent a number of years in Michigan my wife's home state. I now live in Hudson Oaks near Weatherford just West of Fort Worth.

I got my ham ticket in 1956 while in high school and have been scanning since the 1960s.
My current most used scanner is a PSR-500. It's a great scanner with many features. It works great on the new Parker County-Weatherford P25 system.

Will W5CX

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Navasota. 20 miles from Brenham, 20 miles from College Station, 20 miles from Hempstead, and 20 miles from Montgomery. In other words, in the middle of nowhere!

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
Kyle Tx when off and when on duty La Grange TX where the pines are tall. :D

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Live in Dallas (Allen) and work in Austin. The commute's a biotch but at least I get to monitor a wide area. Also have family in Bonham, Lubbock and Van Zandt County, so I get around. I did have some family in Nac, but they moved to Lubbock about a year ago. Texas is pretty much my stomping ground.

Russell

af5rn

When I was a fireman in Dallas, I had a co-worker who lived in Houston. He made the five hour drive every third day to work, then back home the next day. Amazing.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Russell said:
Live in Dallas (Allen) and work in Austin. The commute's a biotch but at least I get to monitor a wide area
Understatement of the year- I thought my San Marcos to San Antonio was bad but you got me beat- hope you drive a Prius but their probably aren't too many Prius drivers in this state's forum

Sorry to get off topic...

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
jon_k said:
Thats an understatement Russell. How often do you make this commute? Weekly?

Thanks y'all. The trip varies from every week to every two weeks. V6 Monte Carlo SS - I get 28mpg at 70-75, so it's not too bad. My travel costs have doubled, but it's worth it to get home. I know every inch of I-35 from Dallas to Austin; that's not as great as it sounds. :)

Russell

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
My dad worked with a guy that lived in OK and commuted to Grand Prairie EVERY DAY (worked for Bell Helicopter). He was married to a Native American, so I believe he had some nice land up their....But still...UGH.. That would be my weekend house if I had to make that trip every day both ways.

SCPD

QRT
I'm in Po-Dunk's Fire District, get our mail from BFE, The jail is in Tim-buck-too (and when it over crowds on Saturday night, them Deputies is cuff'n yo butt to da fence and leav'n ya) .....

Trenton, Texas - 10 Miles from Rescue 1017, 20 minutes from Lovely Downtown Melissa, 25 minutes from over populated Sherman and 18 miles SW of Bonham. and I comute to Fairfield/Mexia for work.

"We hunt snipe - We say Ma'am - We tip cows - We don't give a D.... Yeah a Country boy can survive"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.