?TG: 39872 - site 3 - UCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hello all...

Over the weekend I copied some traffic on TG: 39872

It was very short and was more of banter and noise making be the people so I really wasn't able to determine anything.

My trusty dusty list says this is a Forest Service Car to Car TG.

Anybody got any other details or info?

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
This weekend, I copied several units identifying as '14Bxx'. '14B' is assigned to the US Forest Service...

They also were also calling the channel 'TAC' and talking about people in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon.

So I am thinking we list this as 'US Forest Service TAC'

kf7yn

That's exactly what it is, Forest Service Tac. I've been listening to it for a couple years at least. They have NO idea people listen, they flap their lips about anything and everything on that TG.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
kf7yn said:
That's exactly what it is, Forest Service Tac. I've been listening to it for a couple years at least....

Do you know where their primary TG is? You know when they are no on TAC?

kf7yn

Good question. I haven't heard them on another TG, I assume they are using VHF Forest Service freqs. Something to figure out.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Forest Service

kf7yn said:
Good question. I haven't heard them on another TG, I assume they are using VHF Forest Service freqs. Something to figure out.
After much work over several years, Utah's national forest repeaters are now very complete in the DB. All of them are confirmed from very recent government documents, and they tend to be quite active during the summers. The repeater output frequencies are commonly used simplex for local comunication, too. So to me it's a big surprise that the USFS is using UCAN at all! -Tim

scat

I have not heard anything on this Talk Group, but have heard the USFS engine out of Ogden on the Weber County fire TG's during the the past two summers. At the Logan Ranger Station I have seen USFS Law Enforcement unit 14B16 and one other unit sporting both VHF/800 mhz antennas. Did not get to look in side the units at the radios.

Scot

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
scat said:
...I have seen USFS Law Enforcement unit 14B16 ...

I love how their calls are on the back of the trucks. It just makes things so easy!

Now if we can just get PD to do it we will be set!

Status
Not open for further replies.