• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Thanks for all the help, such great people on this forum.. skip is truly unbelievable lately.

niceguy71

been a few months since I got my Antron 99 with ground plane kit on the top of a 30 foot pole, and a Anytone 5555 N II all hooked up. everyone was so helpful I just thought I would tell people thanks... SlowMover really sold me on the Quad 5 and he was right on the money with everything he said, what a great radio. I still have a link bookmarked where Slowmover suggested I put the settings, but have yet to touch anything other than shutting off roger beep.
and thanks to WAOCBW for so much help with everything!
for 30 years I wanted a good base station set-up and thought it would be kind of nice to be able to talk all around my area say 20 -25 miles... I would listen to my CB in my mobile and hear people talking huge distances and be amazed... I was never able to get out very far.... there would be one guy in just about every town around me that could talk to anyone, even if they were in another town! .... I was always jealous of those guys and their set-ups.... some people could even talk skip to far off places. but I never thought I could be that lucky.
so yesterday 12-29-2023 at 10AM EST I had a few minutes and turned on my radio 38LSB I heard a guy in Manchester UK and laughed and thought I would like to try to reach him... well I got him! and other people heard me and wanted to see if they could reach me.... I spent 10 minutes answering calls from Scotland, Jamacia, South Africa, Oregon, California... hmm I think I talked to at least 25 states, Canada and South America!!!!! every contact said I was loud and as clear as a bell!
I thought the only people that could do that had spent thousands of dollars and years of hard work.
well I couldn't be happier or want anymore out of my set-up
THANKS for all help over the last 6 months!

slowmover

Thanks for update. Yeah, it’s fun to have a good system, no question.

“ . . still have a link bookmarked where Slowmover suggested I put the settings,”

Mines mobile (more noise; lesser antenna), but,

RXNR @ 3,
TXNR @ 1,
NOG @ 4.

Hi-Cut during daylight

Echo at factory setting (if desired)

These will come down to individual situation. Mobile vs Base, SSB vs AM, etc.

With recommendations of others, these:

CMC-130S-3K 1-30MHz – MyAntennas.com (at radio)

Feedpoint choke at antenna feedpoint.

And,

DRX-901 speaker.

Plus attention to noise from household & neighborhood.