The Antenna Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

I see today that their web web page is gone completely. Theantennafarm.com It's just a blank grey page with "This Domain Name Has Expired". Too bad. I didn't buy a lot from them, but it's always nice to have options.

The antenna farm is officially done! Website is no more!

RR member jwt873 posted that information 2 days ago (on 02-26-2017) in his post #17 (see his quote above) in this same RR thread.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
TessCo. Good prices, WIDE assortment, you have to create an account to get the actual prices. Prices shown without logging on are MSRP. They don't use your email for ads at all. Seems to be geared towards commercial operators but they have it all.

www.tessco.com

Russell

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Antenna Farm still owes me $60 from an antenna mount I returned.

seth21w

You could probably call or email. I'm sure their accounts and phone number are still active.

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

He can get his money back if he used a credit card for purchase and disputes it with the credit card issuer.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The time period for credit card resolutrion has elapsed. And, they're in Idaho and I'm in Georgia so now they can tell me to pound sand and there's probably nothing I can realistically do about it.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Since I brought up antenna mounts earlier, I went looking again. I found what I wanted on eBay. Under the description of the mount, it said, "For More Information: TheAntennaFarm.com."

Furthermore, at the top of the listing, it said, "This seller is currently away until Dec 31, 2017, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

So, there you go.

scottyhetzel

Interesting.... I sent emails weeks ago to this vendor and no responses.... I bought else where. The wife should have email auto reply for people or an update on the web site....bad business.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
TessCo. Good prices, WIDE assortment, you have to create an account to get the actual prices. Prices shown without logging on are MSRP. They don't use your email for ads at all. Seems to be geared towards commercial operators but they have it all.

www.tessco.com

Russell

Tessco is a good company, I've been using them for a long time at work.

The drawback for the hobbyist is that they have a $50 minimum order, which can be an issue. I did like to use Antenna Farm when I had to purchase just one item.

However, the selection at at Tessco is hard to beat and it's a handy place to do research. They usually do have good descriptions on the items.

If I was looking to start a small business, I'd consider something like Antenna Farm. Cater to smaller order, etc. Might be a good retirement job.

wx9kvh

Letter from the owner of The Antenna Farm's Wife

Hello all, I messaged the site a few weeks back in regards to the page, and the following is a response i got from the owners wife :

"Thanks for your inquiry Kyle! John has been critically ill for two months now. We tried having our employees run it them self, but that just didn't work out. So for now we have closed shop. I don't know when John will get well to open back up.

Sincerely,
Darla Holbrook| wife of owner"

Its very sad to see the company go, i ordered 95% of my antennas owned from them. Hope that in the future things may shape up. Just figured i would share what i knew.

MACRUDELE

I do believe that THE ANTENNA FARM may be done.

Guys, I do think that the antenna farm may be done. I believe that the owner was ill, and may have retired. My company sells a full line of antennas, and I'm trying to help the folks that are in need of another antenna source. Can you tell me what kind of antennas (make & models) that you were buying from "theantennafarm.com"??? Thanks, Mike

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Guys, I do think that the antenna farm may be done. I believe that the owner was ill, and may have retired. My company sells a full line of antennas, and I'm trying to help the folks that are in need of another antenna source. Can you tell me what kind of antennas (make & models) that you were buying from "theantennafarm.com"??? Thanks, Mike

PCTEL and Laird were my 2 favorites that I ordered. Quarter wave and no ground antennas are what I use most.

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

Whelen

Premium Subscriber

Mike,

I am looking for a Maxrad/PCTel MPM series "pivot mount" NMO. Any luck?

Thanks!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

MACRUDELE,

I can tell you what Antenna Farm was useful for, in my eyes:
I have work accounts with Tessco, Hutton, etc. For big projects, I order through them, and it works well. They have an excellent selection, good prices, fast shipping, etc.
Where I would run into issues was with smaller orders. For example, Tessco has a minimum order of $50.00. Not usually a problem with most projects, but sometimes I'd just need one antenna, or one NMO mount. Something that was under the $50 minimum. That would either require me purchasing "spare parts" or other things to bring the price up to the minimum.

Where Antenna Farm fit in was that they were a good resource for smaller orders, or somewhere that I could quickly purchase parts from without going through a lot of hassle.

What I would welcome would be a vendor that carried a full line of antennas. Not just the cheap low end stuff, but the real commercial/LMR grade stuff. Larsen, Antennex, Comtelco, etc. And not just the amateur/hobby stuff, but the full line. Throw in NMO mounts, connectors, basic tools, etc.. Keep the prices reasonable, and I'd be happy to do business with a company like that.

What I usually find now is smaller companies that only cater to the amateur radio crowd, or just carry the Chinese knock offs, or don't carry a full line, etc.

Fill that gap and you'd probably do pretty good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.