The Arizona 2018 National Mass Care Exercise (NMCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
An opportunity to confirm and discover interop freqs .....if its not a 'tabletop' exercise :(

Dates 5/21 - 24

Event: The Arizona 2018 National Mass Care Exercise (NMCE)/National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) Exercise

Scenario: A mass migration of residents from Southern California, into Arizona, in the wake of a large magnitude earthquake. Phoenix NDMS Federal Coordinating Center will receive patients from the earthquake-impacted area. Patients will be transported via Department of Defense aircraft to the Phoenix NDMS Federal Coordinating Center and moved to local Phoenix NDMS participating hospitals for definitive care.

Core Capabilities: Planning, Public Information and Warning, Operational Coordination, Critical Transportation, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Mass Care Services, Operational Communications, Public Health, Healthcare, and Emergency Medical Services, and Situational Assessment.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Almost forgot about those, thanks!

I cant help but laugh at the title of the page:

"Federal Disaster" --- truth in advertising...

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking about setting up the scanner and letting ProScan do it's thing, would anyone be interested in a link to the audio it records from my little corner of the east valley?

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I've got a favorites list set up with the following:

FEMA
MERS
NDMS
USAR
American Red Cross
NIFOG 7/800-UHF/VHF
PS Common 7/800/UHF/VHF
PS Common UHF Med
AIRS
AZ EMSCOM
AZ Interop (Non-AIRS)
AZ Emergency Mobile System (Mobile Trunking System)
AZ DEMA Towers

Anything else that would be beneficial? Not sure what I'll be able to pick up being this far east, but it's worth a shot anyway.

KB7MIB

DEMA talkgroups on the APS trunked system.
G and Ocean deck interoperability talkgroups on the RWC trunked system.

I was planning on searching 162-174 MHz and 406-420 MHz. I would assume that's where most communications would be.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Forgot about APS' system, thanks. Which sites will be good to monitor the RWC inop groups from here in Mesa? They arent always on Simulcast B, right?

Last edited:

KB7MIB

I would try Simulcast C in Chandler, F in Tempe, or H in Scottsdale, depending on exactly where in Mesa you are. You might even try the Thompson Peak and/or South Mtn IR High sites, as well.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Ive participated in a couple of drills, all of ours were in the clear. Some stations were crypto-capable - maybe because it was only a drill it wasnt utilized?

NDMS uses yellow XTS5000s. I'm pretty sure all our gear is encrypted to meet HIPPA rules and op sec. We aren't even given the freqs to use on our 205s, just channel names.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Right, I would hope so. Logistics, some security and administration won't be. Even if traffic is encrypted, it will help to identify frequencies used given context information around their use in the coming days

KB7MIB

I would also check L-deck, and even H-deck on the RWC. Even though H-deck is encrypted, if it suddenly lights up with several talkgroups active, especially the higher TG's (H-8 and up), it could be related.

And just a point of fact, HIPAA specifically exempts 2-way radio communications from the privacy regulations, under certain conditions.

https://psc.apcointl.org/2010/08/26/hipaa-radio-emd/

John
Peoria

Last edited:

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I had tossed those in as well when I added O/L. Will be interesting to see what's what for.coordination, if it is a physical exercise, and not just tabletop.

KB7MIB

A little after 11am this morning, on APS TG 1132 (DEMA Interstate) the Yavapai EOC stated that they were shutting down because Yavapai County (or elements of an agency located in Yavapai County) had concluded the communications phase of their exercise.

That's all that I've heard today. Anyone else?

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Heard the same, nothing else. Keep getting some dead keys on the APS system, Interstate TG.

KB7MIB

Hopefully there'll be more actvity in the days to come. I'm on vacation this week, so I've got the time to listen, although I did end up sleeping much of today. I guess I needed it lol

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.