The BCD396XT & Mac OS X Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclarkr6

Is anybody aware of whether or not there is software available for the Uniden BCD396XT that is compatible with Mac OS X (Version 10.4.11)? If so, I would appreciate it if someone could post the name of the software and possibly a link to the software. I am on the verge of ordering a BCD396XT (I want one so bad!), but I want to make sure that I will be able to program it. I have read that the BCD396XT is difficult to program without software, which is why I am trying to find out if there is software that will work on my Mac. I don't want to run any of the programs that will allow me to run Windows on my Mac because I don't trust Windows. I would appreciate any assistance that anyone might have to offer. Thanks!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Is anybody aware of whether or not there is software available for the Uniden BCD396XT that is compatible with Mac OS X (Version 10.4.11)? If so, I would appreciate it if someone could post the name of the software and possibly a link to the software. I am on the verge of ordering a BCD396XT (I want one so bad!), but I want to make sure that I will be able to program it. I have read that the BCD396XT is difficult to program without software, which is why I am trying to find out if there is software that will work on my Mac. I don't want to run any of the programs that will allow me to run Windows on my Mac because I don't trust Windows. I would appreciate any assistance that anyone might have to offer. Thanks!

No Mac software available so either buy a cheap Windows PC just to use for programming (I have an old laptop just for this purpose alone) or do Parallels or something similar.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jclarkr6

Thanks!

No Mac software available so either buy a cheap Windows PC just to use for programming (I have an old laptop just for this purpose alone) or do Parallels or something similar.
Marshall KE4ZNR

I was afraid that no BCD396XT software would be available for Mac OS X. If anybody from Uniden reads this, please note that I would gladly pay for programming software that would work on Mac OS X.

Marshall, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I'll probably end up buying an old laptop to use for programming. Thanks for the advice!.

-jclarkr6

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I was afraid that no BCD396XT software would be available for Mac OS X. If anybody from Uniden reads this, please note that I would gladly pay for programming software that would work on Mac OS X.

Marshall, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I'll probably end up buying an old laptop to use for programming. Thanks for the advice!.

-jclarkr6

No problem :) Glad I could help out.
In some ways I wish there was Mac software myself. I have an old Mac sitting at home that if programming software was available I could use it.
Maybe one day down the road.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.