The Florida Keys Area Maritime Security Committee to Conduct Full-Scale Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollinsphoto

Could Be Some Good Listening...

KEY WEST, Fl. – Coast Guard Sector Key West and the Florida Keys Area Maritime Security Committee will host a full-scale exercise with multiple local agencies on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The exercise is part of the Area Maritime Security and Training Exercise Program. The event will require federal, state, local and industry partners to respond and recover from a simulated active shooter threat at the Key West Ferry Terminal. The primary purpose of the exercise is to test agencies' response policies, plans and procedures to an active shooter incident within the maritime domain.

The exercise will take place at the Key West Ferry Terminal located on 100 Grinnell Street, Key West. All exercise play will be transparent to the public. There will be approximately 100 participants including representatives from multiple law enforcement agencies, local fire departments, medical/emergency medical service personnel, emergency management personnel, water treatment facilities, the maritime industry, Coast Guard, Federal Bureau of Investigation and others participating.

“When a significant event takes place, federal, state and local agencies establish a unified command to oversee the response," said Capt. Francisco Rego, Coast Guard Federal Maritime Security Coordinator. "Exercises like this build cohesiveness between agencies within the port, strengthen our ability to form a coordinated response, and ultimately improving response times and effectiveness.”

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
It's curious that Monroe County tweeted about this, then deleted the tweet a short time later. I figured it was to be closely-held or plans might have changed.

In any event, I'll look at opening up the 800MHz interop repeaters and maybe the NAS Boca Chica system on my Key West feed Thursday night and into Friday in case there are vital communications on those channels.

RFI-EMI-GUY

What does this mean exactly? "All exercise play will be transparent to the public ".

I turned my scanner on one day to hear an active shooter going on at our local high school. It took me a few minutes to realize it was a script when they repeated themselves. I have no idea if they were actually staging at the school. But a few weeks ago at another school near here, they stormed into the school activated the fire alarms and scared the crap out of students. It was a major CF.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
From the USCG Press Office

The Florida Keys Area Maritime Security Committee Full-Scale Exercise Postponed
KEY WEST, Fla. — Guard Sector Key West and Florida Keys Area Maritime Security Committee's full-scale active shooter exercise scheduled for Friday is postponed until further notice.
The exercise is part of the Area Maritime Security and Training Exercise Program. The event will require federal, state, local and industry partners to respond and recover from a simulated active shooter threat at the Key West Ferry Terminal. The primary purpose of the exercise is to test agencies' response policies, plans and procedures to an active shooter incident within the maritime domain.
For more breaking news follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
-USCG-​

RFI-EMI-GUY

They probably got a memo from the mayor's office.

"You will scare all the tourists and the help at all the restaraunts and hotels will go into hiding!"

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

acollinsphoto

And were back in business..

KEY WEST, Fl. – Coast Guard Sector Key West and the Florida Keys Area Maritime Security Committee will host a full-scale exercise with multiple local agencies on Thursday, March. 14, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The exercise will take place at the Key West Ferry Terminal located on 100 Grinnell Street, Key West. All exercise play will be transparent to the public. There will be approximately 100 participants including representatives from multiple law enforcement agencies, local fire departments, medical/emergency medical service personnel, emergency management personnel, water treatment facilities, the maritime industry, Coast Guard, Federal Bureau of Investigation and others participating.

“When a significant event takes place, federal, state and local agencies establish a unified command to oversee the response," said Capt. Francisco Rego, Coast Guard Federal Maritime Security Coordinator. "Exercises like this build cohesiveness between agencies within the port, strengthen our ability to form a coordinated response, and ultimately improving response times and effectiveness.”

RFI-EMI-GUY

"All exercise play will be transparent to the public. "

Those words again. What does that mean? Will they be telling tourists that this is only an excercise?

I was listening to the scanner and heard an active shooter incident happening at my local high school. Only after many minutes I heard them repeat the script and realized it was not an actual emergency. Right after this, last year at another local HS, they went in, set off fire alarms made PA announcements and freaked out all the students.

jaymatt1978

Man I was just down there a few weeks ago and the scanner traffic was disappointment to say the least. I did get marine traffic but very little military activity and I had all the frequencies I could find in the database and other sources. Just extremely disappointing from a scanning point of view. I am curious if anyone will be down there listening during the activity to please post their logs.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Man I was just down there a few weeks ago and the scanner traffic was disappointment to say the least. I did get marine traffic but very little military activity and I had all the frequencies I could find in the database and other sources. Just extremely disappointing from a scanning point of view. I am curious if anyone will be down there listening during the activity to please post their logs.
Jay, need to join the Florida scanner Facebook page. Daily reports of everything from mil air to civilian stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.