• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The gun issue

Tramagod

Teddy Roosevelt once said “Complaining without offering a solution is just whining”. Most of what I’ve read here is just whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

I've taken a particularly hot gun topic these days (assault rifles) and provided something to compare them with to show how gun haters and the media can put things so out of proportion you would think most deaths are caused by them. In reality, they don't seem to be a problem when you look at the actual facts, which most people rarely see.

So you only want to discuss all guns grouped together, I see. Well then, give us your ideas for fixing all gun murders or gun crimes. Give it your best shot! But I warn you, I might shoot back.
1) Nobody mentioned assault rifles until you did.

2) Where is your solution?

12dbsinad

The intent of registration is to stem the dodgy sales of weapons between individuals. As it is now, private ownership is nearly entirely unregulated. I could sell a gun on the street to a felon, not know and probably not care. No one would ever know. If owners had to be responsible for maintaining their records, they would be less likely to sell guns to just anyone.
BUT, many of the mass shootings are preformed with LEGALLY owned firearms. Just like the Vegas shooting, he owned his guns legally and had a paper trail, as well as many other examples. So, what good does gun registration do even if it was implemented? Do you get my drift?

These people are closet killers. On the outside they mingle as a somewhat normal civilian and can do things and own guns legally. In the brain however they are F*****. We need to fix the F***** part.

prcguy

Assume everyone else on the planet is a murderer and arm and train yourself accordingly. Personally, I can't think of any other solution to this very complex problem.

BUT, many of the mass shootings are preformed with LEGALLY owned firearms. Just like the Vegas shooting, he owned his guns legally and had a paper trail, as well as many other examples. So, what good does gun registration do even if it was implemented? Do you get my drift?

These people are closet killers. On the outside they mingle as a somewhat normal civilian and can do things and own guns legally. In the brain however they are F*****. We need to fix the F***** part.

12dbsinad

Assume everyone else on the planet is a murderer and arm and train yourself accordingly. Personally, I can't think of any other solution to this very complex problem.
Well, that's basically what needs to happen. Problem is, the US is becoming such a bunch of pansies, you can't even walk down the street anymore with a sidearm or rifle without everyone freaking out and calling 911. Society is afraid a gun is going to jump out of the hands of a lawful owner and shoot them. If a LE or body guard has a gun, all is good. They will save us is the mentality.

If the majority of the people were armed and knew how to use it, you'd see a massive change. But, that'll never happen.

Tramagod

Well, that's basically what needs to happen. Problem is, the US is becoming such a bunch of pansies, you can't even walk down the street anymore with a sidearm or rifle without everyone freaking out and calling 911. Society is afraid a gun is going to jump out of the hands of a lawful owner and shoot them. If a LE or body guard has a gun, all is good. They will save us is the mentality.

If the majority of the people were armed and knew how to use it, you'd see a massive change. But, that'll never happen.
I don’t know what the statistics are across the country, but concealed carry licensure is on a steady rise in the state of Texas. More and more citizens are arming themselves for self preservation, open carry is even legal here and not an uncommon sight. It’s a very quickly growing trend.

12dbsinad

I don’t know what the statistics are across the country, but concealed carry licensure is on a steady rise in the state of Texas. More and more citizens are arming themselves for self preservation, open carry is even legal here and not an uncommon sight. It’s a very quickly growing trend.

Good for them! Now, try arming yourself in the Libtard states. You can't even own a Nerf gun. Basically, the government is telling it's citizens that they can't defend themselves on their own, that's what the police are for. Real sad.

Tramagod

Good for them! Now, try arming yourself in the Libtard states. You can't even own a Nerf gun. Basically, the government is telling it's citizens that they can't defend themselves on their own, that's what the police are for. Real sad.
I don’t know what you refer to as the “libtard states”, but there are only a few states, three I think, that don’t have concealed carry licensure, my Texas permit is also good in all but three states through reciprocal agreements with those states.

Tramagod

FYI, concealed carry is a State level decision, not a Federal one, it has nothing to do with the government.

12dbsinad

I don’t know what you refer to as the “libtard states”, but there are only a few states, three I think, that don’t have concealed carry licensure, my Texas permit is also good in all but three states through reciprocal agreements with those states.

There are more than a few states that suffer from democratic policies. There are 22 states with deadly force laws, 8 states with a firearm "registry", 18 states with NICS, and 7 states that ban open carry. There are also 5-6 states that offer a no issue on CCW's. Some of these states are location dependent within the state however.

We are supposed to be able to keep and bear arms. the sad thing is it'll only get worse.

12dbsinad

FYI, concealed carry is a State level decision, not a Federal one, it has nothing to do with the government.

From Wiki:
"A state government is the government of a country subdivision in a federal form of government, which shares political power with the federal or national government. A state government may have some level of political autonomy, or be subject to the direct control of the federal government."

I respectfully disagree. It's government control not matter how you slice it. Local, state and federal government all pass laws on what you can and can not do. You pay in taxes to these, trust me, it's government.

Tramagod

From Wiki:
"A state government is the government of a country subdivision in a federal form of government, which shares political power with the federal or national government. A state government may have some level of political autonomy, or be subject to the direct control of the federal government."

I respectfully disagree. It's government control not matter how you slice it. Local, state and federal government all pass laws on what you can and can not do. You pay in taxes to these, trust me, it's government.
The sky is not yet falling but if you’re so unhappy where you are you certainly do have the option to move to wherever you feel like you’ll have more freedoms.

12dbsinad

The sky is not yet falling but if you’re so unhappy where you are you certainly do have the option to move to wherever you feel like you’ll have more freedoms.

I never said I was unhappy. I was just stating a fact that state control is in fact government, that's all.

Tramagod

There are more than a few states that suffer from democratic policies. There are 22 states with deadly force laws, 8 states with a firearm "registry", 18 states with NICS, and 7 states that ban open carry. There are also 5-6 states that offer a no issue on CCW's. Some of these states are location dependent within the state however.

We are supposed to be able to keep and bear arms. the sad thing is it'll only get worse.
This certainly sounds to me like you’re unhappy with the way things are, I guess I misinterpreted.