• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The gun issue

zz0468

Because you can't handle facts.
Inane memes pulled from Facebook are not "facts". I have you on ignore simply because I'm bored with the clutter of childish graphics that don't contribute to the discussion. I frequently participate in this forum on my phone.. When I have to scroll through several pages of inanities to get to something semi-intelligent, I'm going to set that poster to ignore just to avoid the annoyance.

If you care to ever come up with actual facts, I'll be happy to debate them with you. In the meantime, back under your rock...

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Inane memes pulled from Facebook

They're not pulled from Facebook, moron!

I'm bored with the clutter of childish graphics that don't contribute to the discussion.

Welcome to the wonderful wide world of the Internet. Feel free to unplug anytime.

I frequently participate in this forum on my phone

First world problem.

if you care to ever come up with actual facts, I'll be happy to debate them with you. In the meantime, back under your rock...

In time, you'll see that I was right and you were wrong, but in order to realize that you need an IQ above that of plant life, which at this point, I'm sorry to say you don't possess. Your hypocritical, bourgeois, leftist, bullcrap precludes you to knowing the truth, and when you see it you object to it because you were told differently from left-wing sources.

You wanna know a fact? You and your liberal bullcrap pals often want to grab the gun in an asinine effort to curb gun violence. Yet you and your Nazi pals not only advocate for the destruction of the unborn, or now the born! but want an open border. Now this border is where some 90% (give or take) of illicit drugs come from that in fact kill more people than a damn gun! Now who has the IQ of plant life like I just pointed out? You wanna talk facts, then talk facts and not blow harded bullcrap that sounds like it was conquered up from hours of watching CNN or MSNBC and reading left-wing websites full of garbage. You probably have a pin up of Rachael Madcow in your bedroom.

Your move, Scarecrow. Don't you have a brain at all? Back in your flipping playpen!

prcguy

So tell us about the gun crime in your town and how its affected you. Or tell us about the tens and tens of millions of new guns that were sold over the last 8 years in your country and over the same time your crime rate has not changed due to more gun ownership. Or tell us how your Springfield Armory XDM or Colt AR-15 helped save your family from a home invasion. Go ahead Mr gun expert, tell us your personal gun stories from your country.

Or, maybe you can't have an XDM, or an AR-15 in your country or maybe there were less than 100k guns sold in your country over the same 8yr period of time we sold about 40 million, or maybe you have no experience with our problems except what you see on the news.

Here comes the rest of the blissfully ignorant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prcguy

I spent 28 days north of Montreal and went to a Canadian Tire store to buy a slingshot to get my HF wire antenna over a tree. They had to get the manager to open the "weapons display case", then the slingshot went into a big canvas bag with a lock on the way to the cashier, then it was only opened at the last second to scan it before I paid and was ejected from the store. You would think I was buying a loaded MAC 10 with the bolt pulled back.

Then a couple hundred yards down the road from where I was working, a deer hunter on a tree stand dropped his gun, which went off and shot him out of the tree and the guy barely survived. What's up with guns and Canada?

I've heard Canada regulates BB guns as well. I think, but not sure they classify them as a firearm.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

So tell us about the gun crime in your town and how its affected you. Or tell us about the tens and tens of millions of new guns that were sold over the last 8 years in your country and over the same time your crime rate has not changed due to more gun ownership. Or tell us how your Springfield Armory XDM or Colt AR-15 helped save your family from a home invasion. Go ahead Mr gun expert, tell us your personal gun stories from your country.

Or, maybe you can't have an XDM, or an AR-15 in your country or maybe there were less than 100k guns sold in your country over the same 8yr period of time we sold about 40 million, or maybe you have no experience with our problems except what you see on the news.
I will give you that.

I don’t live in a country where I need to be armed 24/7. Thank god for that. I could not imagine being so scared for my life, I feel the need to be armed 24/7.

However there are plenty of guns in this country. We just happen not to be ***holes to each other. Imagine that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

990adv

The solution is very simple. When Dontraveous shoots Orangejello because he dissed him in front of Angelinaquisha at the club last night then Dontraveous should be behind bars for at least 25 years. If Orangejello dies then the case is a death penalty case.

But no. Cucked out white liberals will come to the rescue and make up every excuse in the book. Then along comes the racial justice groups somehow blaming tax paying, Trump voting NRA members.

Dontraveous is out of jail in 2 years. No lessons are learned.

Firearms are used in crime by 3 groups of people- Black men, brown men and white leftist men. Keep these people in jail and crime will drop significantly.

Squad10

:eek:Ban all guns, someone got shot.

U.S. rapper Nipsey Hussle shot dead outside his L.A. store | CBC News

Hussle, whose real name was Ermias Asghedom, grew up in south Los Angeles and often talked about being in a street gang during his teenage years.

#blacklivesmatter!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he was shot by a black guy. Since there's a 30% chance just based on gender and race alone that such an assailant has a felony record there's a better than 30% chance that this particular assailant was already forbidden from owning a firearm.

We know this wasn't a Maga hat wearing Trump supporter because those guys generally use rope and bleach.

prcguy

At least someone at the Fed level has their head screwed on. A Federal judge throws out Kalifornias high capacity magazine ban. I'm tired of Kalifornia politicians enacting knee jerk, do nothing laws that don't do anything but put restrictions on law abiding citizens. They don't understand that criminals don't abide by laws. Another example of Americas oldest civil rights organization (the NRA) protecting citizens rights.
Judge blocks California's ban on high-capacity magazines over 2nd Amendment concerns

990adv

The black female prosecutor in Chicago has stated that there is already enough young black men in jail in IL.

In Chicago an armed robbery is frequently only actually charged as a misdemeanor theft. Other such felony crimes are frequently undercharged if they are at all charged. Essentially she is granting pardons to thousands of black felons a year.

The black male attorney general in IL has stated that we cannot incarcerate our way out of the gun crime problem in IL.

Locally, a black pizza delivery man was shot and robbed of $20 by black criminals. Happened in Danville. 6 murders so far this year.

This will never get fixed until the true root cause is addressed. That root cause will never be addressed.

990adv

Hey prcgy.

How many people promoting gun laws know what a Mac 10 is? or the significance of the bolt being pulled back? or have any clue what is meant by a weapon firing from an open or closed bolt?

Not ragging on you, it has just been my experience that most gun control people are completely ignorant about firearms.