• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The gun issue

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Damn! That gun ban works! Who'd a thought!

Institute stop and frisk NOW! You look like a two bit gang thug, stop 'em, frisk 'em. We have a real problem here and I don't want to here about civil rights bull**** this and that from the left. Your policies are that of lunacy!

prcguy

Something that seems to work better is the gun buybacks by local police. They offer up to $200 so the thugs can trade in their non working guns or ones worth maybe $50, then they get up to $200 of our tax money to put towards a better gun. Yup, your tax money at work and the dems would love more of it to do more stupid sh*t like this.

Damn! That gun ban works! Who'd a thought!

Institute stop and frisk NOW! You look like a two bit gang thug, stop 'em, frisk 'em. We have a real problem here and I don't want to here about civil rights bull**** this and that from the left. Your policies are that of lunacy!

trentbob

One of the most dangerous anti-gun policies is... And we don't see it much around here but in some of the more insane parts of the country you do see it... No gun zones posted but no cops, metal detectors or perimeters on the event.

That means if you are a legal concealed carry permit holder you cannot carry your gun to the event as posted but since there is no metal detectors or perimeters a mass murderer or otherwise deranged gunman will carry their gun to that event knowing that no one will fight back. I would never attend one of these events that are in a no-gun Zone where the only enforcement is the sign itself. Insanity. You're a Sitting Duck.

prcguy

Excuse me sir, but if everyone would simply turn in their guns at the next police buy back then you would not be a sitting duck at your local gun free zone event. Its a very simple solution. Never mind you paid $2,500 for that Daniels Defense AR or $900 for that H&K USP Compact, just turn them in and the problem is solved.

One of the most dangerous anti-gun policies is... And we don't see it much around here but in some of the more insane parts of the country you do see it... No gun zones posted but no cops, metal detectors or perimeters on the event.

That means if you are a legal concealed carry permit holder you cannot carry your gun to the event as posted but since there is no metal detectors or perimeters a mass murderer or otherwise deranged gunman will carry their gun to that event knowing that no one will fight back. I would never attend one of these events that are in a no-gun Zone where the only enforcement is the sign itself. Insanity. You're a Sitting Duck.

12dbsinad

How is it the NRA's fault? Because they have 5 million legal law abiding gun owners as members? That must be it. Guilty by association. I guess I should start going after my local dealership(s) for any deaths of innocent children and adults due to automobiles THEY sold for a PROFIT. But nobody bats an eyelash at this huge number because it's an accepted way to die.

trentbob

By the way just a follow-up on that gun-free zone business at events where there is no police or metal detectors. I always carry my licensed firearm to those events as I was told by the sheriff's department that those bans are not legitimate, if you are licensed to carry or an off-duty officer there is no law covering a gun ban at a public event just because the sponsors put up a sign. There will be at least one person with a pistol expert rating who will fight back. hahaha.

990adv

Today I participated in a 3 gun competition. Over 40 people each armed with a handgun, rifle and shotgun. Thousands of rounds fired in a competition that emphasized putting rounds on target as quickly as possible. No one was shot, no one was killed, no injuries at all today.

How many will be shot and or killed in Chicago, St Louis, Memphis, Atlanta and other Democrat controlled hellholes tonight?

Trump hat wearing NRA members are not the problem. Democrats with guns are the problem.

RFI-EMI-GUY

A cop just shot himself in the leg at a gun range here locally.

Then you have the Jamaican DEA agent a few years back discharging a Glock into his leg at a show and tell at a middle school.

Just before he did that he was bragging he was the only one in the room that was professional enough to hold a Glock. Great you tube video.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

zz0468

Interesting Article: For Soldiers, Risk of Suicide Linked to Firearm Ownership.
The inherent danger with guns is that they make killing something instant and easy. That's their design purpose, and they work well.

That can overcome weak impulse control, because an irrational thought can be executed (pun intended) before one's rational mind can shut it down.

990adv

40,000 annual gun deaths is a bull****, communist, gun grabber number meant to inflame the numbers. It includes suicides as well as lawful killings either by law enforcement or lawful gun owners. Let's go with it anyway.

Depending on where you look something like 26,000 are from suicide. A lot of those suicides are vets. Are you suddenly saying the left gives a damn about a vet committing suicide? The left does not care about suicide at all unless the mechanism is with a firearm. Then it is only for the purpose of gun confiscation. It is the left that is pushing thru assisted suicide bills at the state level.

A firearm does make suicide easier. A vet will likely have much more success using a firearm for suicide than your random mentally ill leftist. Look at Japan. They have a lot of suicides. No guns. Hmmm. How about that. If a person wants to commit suicide they will get it done and it is the left that wants government to allow the medical profession to assist with these suicides.

Solving the problem- Increase mental health treatment funding for vets. I suggest making it a crime for any illegal alien to attend school in the US. Billions of dollars are spent on these creatures every year. Divert these funds to vets.

OK, now that leaves about 14,000. 53% of these remaining murders are committed by black males under 30 years old. 83% of the 14,000 are as a result of drug or gang activity. If you take out the drug and gang activity murders you are left with about 2380 murders in a country with a population over 300 million. As Trentbob posted above that is not a problem.

You know what is the problem zz? Leftist politicians, law enforcement and a judicial system.

The state's attorney for Chicago is Kim Foxx. One among many idiotic statement this woman made was that she thinks there are already to many black men in jail. Black people are committing armed robbery in Chicago and being charged with misdemeanor theft. Black people are bonding out of jail for attempted murder for $500. Police show up to a murder scene, yet nobody saw nuffin. The clearance rate for murder in Chicago is 8%.

Another popular argument from leftist is guns are to easy to acquire. Well that is certainly true for black felons in Chicago. I suppose you think they buy guns out of the trunks of white guys cars that loaded up with guns over in Indiana. Nope. The black females buy them. Boomquisha and Deneshala buy the guns for their brother, uncle, boyfriend, son, etc. When the cops finally get ahold of the gun and trace it back then suddenly Boomquisha reports it stolen. Happens all the time yet it is not reported widely cause dat wud bes rayciss.

Solving the problem- Build more prisons. When these young black guys commit non gun related felonies keep them in prison longer because the recidivism rate is astronomical. If they use a gun in a crime make the sentence EXTREMELY long.

How about getting out of god Emperor Trump's face for a bit and allow him to create a situation allowing business to create even more jobs giving these guys an opportunity to get out of the modern day democrat plantation?

How about not promoting the music and culture within the black community that celebrates Thug Life?

Refusing to accept that their even is a problem with gun crime in the black community is your problem, not mine.

990adv

The bloodthirsty violence mongers are the black and brown hordes that populate the blue cities of America.

Find me a story of a white, Trump hat wearing, NRA member that committed murder over this weekend. I will find you 50 cases of black or brown murder over the same weekend.

zz0468

The bloodthirsty violence mongers are the black and brown hordes that populate the blue cities of America.

Find me a story of a white, Trump hat wearing, NRA member that committed murder over this weekend. I will find you 50 cases of black or brown murder over the same weekend.
You don't even attempt to hide your bigotry. Why are you here? Have you EVER posted anything about radio on this site? Just curious.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I think the numbers here pretty much capture a certain demographic and it should surprise 990adv. Hint angry white men.

U.S.: mass shootings by race 1982-2018 | Statista

U.S. mass shootings by shooters' gender | Statista

Murder - number of victims by weapons used | Statista