• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The Koreas

OMFG!

Does that mean..... the never Trumpers will actually have to give credit, when credit is due!?!? Or at least the administration?

I'm not buying it!

It was Obama!

Could also be Rocket Boy just wants to buy some time and relief from sanctions before cranking up his nuclear testing again. In that case someone other than Trump will get credit for the two Korea's playing nice then Trump will get blamed for the setbacks.

OMFG!

Does that mean..... the never Trumpers will actually have to give credit, when credit is due!?!? Or at least the administration?

I'm not buying it!

It was Obama!
That will never happen. It will be twisted to give Obama credit.

They will just say Trump delayed it.

Just curious, what role you guys think would Trump have played in ending hostilities and a reconciliation between the Koreas?

At this point, it might be as a source of antagonism that NK reads as the recognition that they want. In all their bluster, NK has been consistent in a few demands, the main one has been recognition as an equal on the world stage.

They've fired off a few nukes, and orbited satellites, demonstrating ICBM capability. They no longer need concessions from other nations to be seen as equal, in terms of being a nuclear power.

Trump's role to drop the requirement that NK abandon nuclear weapons as a prerequisite for talks could earn him a Nobel prize. That's the one thing most missing from US policy for all these years.

Trump hasn't actually done more than thump his chest a time NK, but the circumstances may have changed to where that's exactly what's needed.

I think if Trump stands firm on denuclearization, doesn't piss off Rocket Boy too much and gives him a dignified way to dismantle the nukes and join the rest of the free world, he should get full credit for bringing the two Koreas together.

Just curious, what role you guys think would Trump have played in ending hostilities and a reconciliation between the Koreas?

At this point, it might be as a source of antagonism that NK reads as the recognition that they want. In all their bluster, NK has been consistent in a few demands, the main one has been recognition as an equal on the world stage.

They've fired off a few nukes, and orbited satellites, demonstrating ICBM capability. They no longer need concessions from other nations to be seen as equal, in terms of being a nuclear power.

Trump's role to drop the requirement that NK abandon nuclear weapons as a prerequisite for talks could earn him a Nobel prize. That's the one thing most missing from US policy for all these years.

Trump hasn't actually done more than thump his chest a time NK, but the circumstances may have changed to where that's exactly what's needed.

I think if Trump stands firm on denuclearization, doesn't piss off Rocket Boy too much and gives him a dignified way to dismantle the nukes and join the rest of the free world, he should get full credit for bringing the two Koreas together.
If that's the way it shakes out, then absolutely. He should get credit for what he accomplishes.

Ask the SK President. He certainly had good words for Mr Trump.

No. I asked "you guys"... As in "YOU GUYS". I want to know exactly what YOU think he's done to earn credit.
OK.

When credit was given to Mr. Moon, as in he should win the "Nobel peace prize", his response was that Trump should, instead, due to his talks and influence.

I guess you can take this as something positive for your president.

OK.

When credit was given to Mr. Moon, as in he should win the "Nobel peace prize", his response was that Trump should, instead, due to his talks and influence.

I guess you can take this as something positive for your president.
That didn't answer the question. What did Trump actually do? Not "who is giving Trump credit for what ever the hell it was he did".

I seem to recall you guys declaring the Nobel prize as worthless after Obama won it for whatever the hell he did. Does it suddenly mean something again?

That didn't answer the question. What did Trump actually do? Not "who is giving Trump credit for what ever the hell it was he did".
The point of that is he can (and should) get credit for talks with them. After all, it's a big deal, and the SK president acknowledges this, which really says something. I am not sure what there is here that you can try to twist to make it negative?

I seem to recall you guys declaring the Nobel prize as worthless after Obama won it for whatever the hell he did. Does it suddenly mean something again?
He was useless.

A big pushover.

I am not sure what there is here that you can try to twist to make it negative?
I'm not trying to make it negative. I just want to know what people think he's done to deserve a Nobel prize. He hasn't talked with anybody yet. A meeting is planned. Nothing is signed. What has Trump actually done to deserve credit. Credit for what? What's different today that wasn't yesterday?

NK has led us down the garden path before. Giving credit is a bit premature.

So, precedent exists for Nobel Peace prizes that haven't been warned yet?

Just file that in the back of your mind.

Trump should get a Nobel prize for preventing the second civil war in the USA which would have happened if Hillary had won.

Trump should get a Nobel prize for preventing the second civil war in the USA which would have happened if Hillary had won.
So, civil war is justified if your candidate loses the election? There's nothing American or patriotic about that. You're just reinforcing the perception that Trump supporters are leaning towards fascism.

What really should happen is people threatening civil war should be arrested and tried for treason.

Kim jong un made his first foreign trip and visited China in late march as far as i am aware.

I suspect the People who are in charge of China had a word in Kim jong un's ear and told him to stop rocking the boat.

China controls that neighbourhood.

Kim jong un made his first foreign trip and visited China in late march as far as i am aware.

I suspect the People who are in charge of China had a word in Kim jong un's ear and told him to stop rocking the boat.

China controls that neighbourhood.
This isn't the first time NK has been to China for talks. I believe it happened back in the mid-2000's with multiple talks. The outcome was they (NK) ain't giving up the nukes.

What is MORE alarming was the visit to SK. That is something..