• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The Little "Shack" That Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

Here is a view of my Little Shack That Could. I know it is not much but thought that I would show it off.

Photo 00 - from Left.

Etrunker Display on 15" monitor, Radio Reference on 21" monitor. LPE200 Edacs radio, GRE PSR500 scanner, Yaesu VX-170 2m handheld, 2X BC780XLT and Pro 2006 discriminator tapped for Etrunker.

Photo 01 - Close up of LPE200, GRE PSR500, VX170 Yaesu, Uniden BC780XLT and Realistic Pro 2006.

Photo 02 - Close up of Etrunker.

Photo 03 - Yaesu FT-1807M 70 cm UHF Monobander, Yaesu FT-2900R 2M VHF Monobander.

Attachments

kayn1n32008

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hmmmm... Seems cleaner than usual!!! Lol looks good!!!

kayn1n32008

Here is a view of my Little Shack That Could. I know it is not much but thought that I would show it off.

Photo 00 - from Left.

Etrunker Display on 15" monitor, Radio Reference on 21" monitor. LPE200 Edacs radio, GRE PSR500 scanner, Yaesu VX-170 2m handheld, 2X BC780XLT and Pro 2006 discriminator tapped for Etrunker.

Photo 01 - Close up of LPE200, GRE PSR500, VX170 Yaesu, Uniden BC780XLT and Realistic Pro 2006.

Photo 02 - Close up of Etrunker.

Photo 03 - Yaesu FT-1807M 70 cm UHF Monobander, Yaesu FT-2900R 2M VHF Monobander.

What do you listen to with your gear? Let's lee the anennae!!!!!!

SCPD

What do you listen to with your gear? Let's lee the anennae!!!!!!
As far as what I listen to ... mostly LAW ENFORCEMENT, EMS, STARS, FIRE, AIR and of course the local AMATEUR (HAM) repeaters as outlined below. :wink:

BC780XLT (top) .. Monitoring AIR bands.
BC780XLT (bottom) .. Connected to Etrunker.
LPE200 (left) .. Monitoring EMS and FIRE communications.
PSR500 (middle) .. Monitoring LAW ENFORCEMENT, EMS and FIRE.
VX-170 (right) .. Local 2m HAM repeaters / Portable.
FT-2900R .. Local 2m HAM repeaters / Base Unit.
FT-1807M .. Local 70 cm HAM repeaters and Stars / Base Unit.

I also have a Yaesu FT-2900R radio in my car, for when I am mobile.

I do not use external antenna with my radios .. expect the base unit amateur gear with which I use a dual band Comet antenna on the balcony. Not really too much to see as far as the antennas go.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Kevin, it's actually a nice set up that fits YOUR needs! It's more than some have and less than others have - but it's a good balance for you, is clean and well put together!

Mike

SCPD

STARS is short for Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society, it is a not for profit organization here in Alberta that provides AA service.
Thanks for that ... being all official and all that. Wonder if they offer a fly along service ?

Ah yes, nothing like good old trunker/Etrunk. That automatically makes any station cool! Looks like you've spent just a LITTLE time identifying radios.

SCPD

Ah yes, nothing like good old trunker/Etrunk. That automatically makes any station cool! Looks like you've spent just a LITTLE time identifying radios.
I have spent well over 1000 hours I am sure identifying radios. I have been at it for I think around 10 years now.

Thanks

Dontchya hate it when they change stuff on you or a unit grabs the wrong portable? How about waking up early to get those busses doing radio checks? And reserve fire apparatus is always a pain. :D

SCPD

Dontchya hate it when they change stuff on you or a unit grabs the wrong portable? How about waking up early to get those busses doing radio checks? And reserve fire apparatus is always a pain. :D
Yes ... you hit the nail on the head.

I checked out your photography thread ... excellent work. I hope my pictures aren't too bad. I used an older camera but I think it still does a reasonable job.

My opinion? I don't think they're bad at all! That other thread turned out pretty good. It looks like your etrunk shot shot came out pretty good considering only a 1/8 shutter speed. I guess you were using a tripod with etrunk paused?

SCPD

My opinion? I don't think they're bad at all! That other thread turned out pretty good. It looks like your etrunk shot shot came out pretty good considering only a 1/8 shutter speed. I guess you were using a tripod with etrunk paused?
Nope .. everything was handheld. I know I could have done better with a tripod but guess I just didn't think of it at the time. Etrunker was running normally when I took the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.