The LNA-AIR preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz111563

Premium Subscriber
I purchased the LNA-AIR preamp from Scannermaster and I was wondering if anyone might have one of these and how they got power to it. Scannermaster sells two different ones, 1-that uses a separate wire to power it, 2-one that uses 12 volt over coax. I bought the one that uses 12 volt over coax. The only thing I received was just the pre-amp and nothing to power it.

I contacted Scannermaster and their tech support could not help me, I sent the president of the company an e-mail and he said he would contact the manufacturer of the product but this might take some time. In the meantime I was wanting to see if anyone else might have one of these that is powered over coax, that could provide me some help.

Thanks in advance
Larry

mancow

Database Admin
You need a DC injection block. They sell them at RadioShack but I don't think you can buy the injector, just the block. They sell both in the cylindrical satellite tv preamp kit but it's around $40.

If you can open it you could just unsolder the components that lead from the line in port and tap the board with a piece of wire.

taz111563

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. I just so happend to have a DC injector that came with the one that Radio Shack bundles for TV. I removed the DC block from the pre-amp's end and placed it at the injector's end that connects to the radio and it works like a charm. I would though that places that sell equipment like that would include instructions with it. Again thanks alot. This has really opened up the air band.

Status
Not open for further replies.