The official "I want LSM to work properly in my scanner" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prc117f

You're kidding right? It wont be long before some "expert" who knows more about manufacturing R&D than Whistler and Uniden combined will say this is a "trivial" undertaking; the scanner manufacturers wont do it because they are lazy, incompetent, or some other reason.

This "expert" will then point to the Unication pagers, and say "see? It's possible!!!" while conveniently forgetting that is a purpose built device. Hey, my Motorola handhelds never have a problem with LSM but then they also cost $5500 ;)

Unications dont cost 5500, the cost 500-600 not that much more than the 536HP.

prc117f

If the Uniden spokesperson is on here pointing out how expensive designing a scanner that handles simulcast is, rest assured your not going to see a scanner from them that handles it.

I guess that means they are not interested in future scanner sales. maybe Uniden is closing up shop. If you are not willing to invest in the future of your product then you are pretty much saying that it has reached end of the line when it comes to your interest in the scanner market.

Would anyone spend 550 dollars on a new 636HP that has all the same faults as the 536HP?

I could care less about scanning other bands on my G5, Its sole purposes is trunktracking LSM. I have plenty of other recievers for the non trunking needs.

even uniden sells some great non trunktracking scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.