• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglou0

Speculation doesn't answer the question. It just fuels rumors.

Nice thing about having this forum is that anyone can simply go through and see Unication's past actions. I'm not trying to stir up anti-Unication sentiment but just voicing an opinion molded by months of lurking here. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with an earlier release. Of course given the track record on buggy PPS releases, let Unication stretch out and take all of Q1. If it ships March 31st, it's still Q1...

I have a pre-order for one of the P2 G5's and have been trying to give these guys my money for well over a year. There is only one system in my area that I want to listen to. It's been 100% P2 from the beginning and extremely difficult to monitor with a scanner while mobile.

ecarvalho

Q1 ends after tomorrow 3/31
Just wondering if the
phase 2 upgrade will come out soon. [emoji4]

Drumbum

You really need to keep up.:roll:
From what I understand from a guy in town that sells them,,it has to be sent to the area rep , I was told that the last firmware had the upgrade in it just needs to be activated, he told me,first of April , will see

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Great radio, beats the hell out of my BCD996P2 on the TRWS (Mesa/Gilbert, AZ) P25 Phase I system. The simulcast was impossible to monitor, all garbled.

So this would be the perfect radio if:
1. You could pause on talkgroup
2. You could lockout a talkgroup
3. You could add a delay to a talkgroup
4. Had an external output jack
5. The belt clip locked onto the radio better

Are you listening Unication?
Thanks....

CanesFan95

I second that. The only things that's been stopping me from pulling the trigger is a lack of scan delay and no scan hold / resume button.

i got my G5 last year and LOVE it BEST money ever spend also got the TRX-2 sold my Pro-197 for better and the TRX-2 works just as bad as the Pro-197 did.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Belt clip locked onto the radio better?? Are we talking about the same belt clip? Removing the clip from my G4 was extremely difficult, so much that I hesitate putting it back on ever again.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
official blah blah

etihparg must have meant "differently" instead of "better" I hope* IT was the most difficult thing I've had to try and remove since a bottle of plastic skin was shaken up and the cap was GLUED on to the top from the inside. I busted my knuckles getting that thing off and finally had to spray WD40 in the notch and pry it out with a small flat head screw driver. AFTER it finally gave, I put WD40 and vaseline in the notch and on the tab. It was almost as bad the 2nd time I had to put a battery in. It's finally more "manageable" now. I'd like to see it with 2 small screws holding a metal bar, just like the old PRO96 was. hou30guy should review the old posts about it after it first came out*

Last edited by a moderator:

radio3353

I second that. The only things that's been stopping me from pulling the trigger is a lack of scan delay and no scan hold / resume button.

Bold emphasis mine

Not understanding this. They are not scanners. Do you mean TG delay and TG hold/resume? I agree they would be useful features. But, then again, I only listen to one system so not a deal breaker for me. For the system I listen to I assign different talk groups to different knob positions and switch when needed (which is not very often since, as a former firefighter, my interest is really just that realm.) For somebody listening to many talk groups at once then delay and hold features would be quite desirable and hopefully Unication will bless us with that someday.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
etihparg must have meant "differently" instead of "better" I hope*
Ha, I was wondering the same thing. I thought for sure I'd snap something off. I finally punted and e-mailed Ray's Pagers, which is where I bought it. Ray responded right back and said to slide a coin under the tab and pry up, but not too much. That did it, but it was still a bear to remove.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
The belt clip WAS a bear to remove the first time. Possibly I did not have it properly re-attached. Have to look at that. UPDATE: Make sure it is locked into position. I had to puh the tab in until I heard the click. Okay now.

troymail

Silent Key
I found that if you pull up on that little tab too hard, it doesn't return fully back to it's original "shape" and can result in the belt clip coming off more easily later. Use lots of caution removing the clip carefully/slowly... Even better, acquire a holder/holster to carry the unit on your belt rather than the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.