• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

If you can read you can write!
Only those who program radios understand that joke, hi hi.
i wish lol there just drop downs to add to the folders and there are a lot of them saw some FED Tg`s in it too plus its server based way out of my knowledge now a regular APX 8k,7k.6k ect i can do anything with but this infrastructure stuff im clueless

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
OOPS let the cat loose so every TG got a ten second of airtime.. Oh, yeah just happened to have that scanner on ID Search sitting there too.... LOL. And yes, if you can read a radio, you can write to it,.. Same with a scanner. :)

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
i wish lol there just drop downs to add to the folders and there are a lot of them saw some FED Tg`s in it too plus its server based way out of my knowledge now a regular APX 8k,7k.6k ect i can do anything with but this infrastructure stuff im clueless
Yeah, I am still learning the ins and outs of the MotoTRBO Radio Management Server Software, so I feel you there. CPS is CPS is CPS except for a few differences here and there,... But the Management Software is a whole other animal.

Haven’t heard anything from Anderson County in about 3 days. Before I got my BCD996P2 I asked Anderson County sheriff’s department if they were going encrypted and they said they had no plan to at this time. That was about 3 weeks ago.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Okay.. Dyersburg info:
48101 through 480129 are T E, Only the DPD Disp so far is known. Other 29 TGs are DPD, and DFD but unknown as to exact use yet.
Other noted but unknown:
48132, and higher.... FDMA and so far in the clear.

Heard what appears to be the KX-CI SERVICE DEPARTMENT talkgroup come across my Zello feed. Was not near the radio to catch it. Never heard it for actual Service Department users really on the analog system I have heard a supervisor one time on a portable usually just somebody that is there at the service department, who is probably someone who answers phones. Here is the recording of KPD 911 Dispatchers calling them: https://s3.amazonaws.com/zello.sharedmessages/5AX82qracr61 . Anybody know the TGID number?

Last edited:
Talkgroup 47186 is Pellissippi State Community College Police Hardin Valley Campus or is being used by them. They have been using it for comms the past few days. Contract security still seems to be uhf and have not heard their other campuses yet.