The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

N2AL

Looking through the talk group list on the MCC7500`s
the database here only have a fraction on the ones TCAN has
wish i knew how to read the TG # from the console lol

If you can read you can write!
Only those who program radios understand that joke, hi hi.

motoapco25

Premium Subscriber
If you can read you can write!
Only those who program radios understand that joke, hi hi.
i wish lol there just drop downs to add to the folders and there are a lot of them saw some FED Tg`s in it too plus its server based way out of my knowledge now a regular APX 8k,7k.6k ect i can do anything with but this infrastructure stuff im clueless

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OOPS let the cat loose so every TG got a ten second of airtime.. Oh, yeah just happened to have that scanner on ID Search sitting there too.... LOL. And yes, if you can read a radio, you can write to it,.. Same with a scanner. :)

INDY72

i wish lol there just drop downs to add to the folders and there are a lot of them saw some FED Tg`s in it too plus its server based way out of my knowledge now a regular APX 8k,7k.6k ect i can do anything with but this infrastructure stuff im clueless

Yeah, I am still learning the ins and outs of the MotoTRBO Radio Management Server Software, so I feel you there. CPS is CPS is CPS except for a few differences here and there,... But the Management Software is a whole other animal.

Sburchf1

Haven’t heard anything from Anderson County in about 3 days. Before I got my BCD996P2 I asked Anderson County sheriff’s department if they were going encrypted and they said they had no plan to at this time. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Sburchf1

Now that I think about it, I haven’t heard anything at all from TACN since probably Friday. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sburchf1

Check your programming, and make sure you have things set up right.

Looks ok to me, just got in from work and I’m hearing Tennessee Highway Patrol again. Maybe they went encrypted for the weekend to test things out.

INDY72

Okay.. Dyersburg info:
48101 through 480129 are T E, Only the DPD Disp so far is known. Other 29 TGs are DPD, and DFD but unknown as to exact use yet.
Other noted but unknown:
48132, and higher.... FDMA and so far in the clear.

zachgallop

Heard what appears to be the KX-CI SERVICE DEPARTMENT talkgroup come across my Zello feed. Was not near the radio to catch it. Never heard it for actual Service Department users really on the analog system I have heard a supervisor one time on a portable usually just somebody that is there at the service department, who is probably someone who answers phones. Here is the recording of KPD 911 Dispatchers calling them: https://s3.amazonaws.com/zello.sharedmessages/5AX82qracr61 . Anybody know the TGID number?

Last edited:

zachgallop

Talkgroup 47186 is Pellissippi State Community College Police Hardin Valley Campus or is being used by them. They have been using it for comms the past few days. Contract security still seems to be uhf and have not heard their other campuses yet.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 11667 sounds like Great Smoky Mountains Park Rangers testing the system. Few spots were not too good, but for the most part sounded good. Heard unit numbers 609 and 611 and they were all in areas of the Park. They were also talking about how much better this system was in coverage, especially in areas where they couldn't transmit or receive on the 400 system. All transmissions were off the Look Rock tower site.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

INDY72

Talkgroup 11667 sounds like Great Smoky Mountains Park Rangers testing the system. Few spots were not too good, but for the most part sounded good. Heard unit numbers 609 and 611 and they were all in areas of the Park. They were also talking about how much better this system was in coverage, especially in areas where they couldn't transmit or receive on the 400 system. All transmissions were off the Look Rock tower site.

Would not be USPS LE (GSMNP Rangers) they do not run 400 (UHF) they are VHF P25 and their linked repeater system has excellent coverage. SO its got to be another local agency that interops with GSMNP.

INDY72

Milf you remember the TN Game Wardens had a super P25 VHF sites linked together with great coverage and they moved to the TACN system
TWRA still has its VHF P25 system but it is in standbye mode. GSMNP has NEVER used UHF (400). Only Uhf was for linkage of the VHF system. This is another agency. There are several County SO's, PD's VFD's etc that routinely interact with GSMNP both in TN, and in NC. If you log the users RID's and look at the TG line ups I can promise you will find a matching user. Also keep monitoring for them talking to whoever dispatches them. Look closely at users of UHF in TN Counties that the GSMNP is in. Sevier, Blount, Cocke, Jefferson..... (Seriously auto censor, seriously? Reallyyyyyy!?) Only way this would match GSMNP is if they call in to 700 (Pretty much the standard number for dispatch in USPS LE, or 701 which is radio techs.) Then they would be referring to UTNMA.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
milf, thanks for the info. I completely forgot that they use vhf instead of 400. I'll keep monitoring and see what I come up with, using the RIDs.

And it was just 2 guys talking about their locations and the reception. No contact with a dispatcher. It could even be a fire dept or other non LE agency.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Went back and listened to the recordings of what I heard last night on the 11667 talkgroup. It is definitely some agency related to the GSMNP because I heard them talking about using this as a command channel during incidents and keeping the "regular park channels" clear. I misunderstood them talking about 400 mHz channels. They were definitely in the park based on their locations they were reporting from (Abrams Falls being one).