• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The Stupidity of Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

If people and dinosaurs lived at the same time, why didn't people become extinct at the same time as dinosaurs?

Checkmate.

If people and dinosaurs lived at the same time, why didn't people become extinct at the same time as dinosaurs?

Checkmate.
So far, the logic in your hypothesis seems shaky since other animals have become extinct in our lifetime, and yet we have not.

Just a thought,

SCPD

So far, the logic in your hypothesis seems shaky since other animals have become extinct in our lifetime, and yet we have not.

Just a thought,
The difference is: The extinction of the dinosaurs involved the entire planet.

The difference is: The extinction of the dinosaurs involved the entire planet.
Proof or Theory? Are you supposing/claiming that all life ended when the dinosaurs became extinct?

Since we are here, there must be a flaw in the total-extinction theory.

SCPD

Proof or Theory? Are you supposing/claiming that all life ended when the dinosaurs became extinct?

Since we are here, there must be a flaw in the total-extinction theory.
What other life was there?

In more recent times, only sub-species have become extinct. ALL dinosaurs became extinct.

What other life was there?
Well, neither of us was there and therefore we cannot say precisely. But, it seems that there must have been quite a bit of other life when the dinosaurs became extinct; because if humans and dino's were the only thing at the time the dino's died, then humans should be the only thing remaining now. But, we have a large variety of other creatures now, which means they did not become extinct when the dino's did; just as humans did not become extinct when the dino's did.

In more recent times, only sub-species have become extinct. ALL dinosaurs became extinct.
Full species can become extinct without all life becoming extinct. For example, if it weren't for deliberate efforts to limit "ivory-hunters", we might see the elephants become extinct in our lifetime, too, which (if I'm understanding the scope of your statement) would be a full species, not just a sub-species. So, it is possible to have a full species become extinct without having all life become extinct. Which means that we cannot make the claim that just because the dino's became extinct, therefore all life became extinct. That logic doesn't work.

Because they came along later.
Proof or Theory? If humans existed with dino's, why couldn't the other species exist with dino's too; obviously, we survived? Or are you suggesting that all dino's and humans died together at some point in history, and then later, somehow humans showed-up again after becoming extinct?

SCPD

Actually, if you carefully read the first 2 chapters of Genesis, it could be interpreted that there were people on Earth before God created Adam and Eve. Genesis 1:26 says he creates mankind. In Genesis 2:7, he creates Adam. So could Genesis be read as first God creates man, then later he creates the Jewish race? And if you wanted to interpret the first two chapters that way, Is there anything in the Bible that would indicate how long before Adam did God create Man?

I know this may sound like "tinfoil hat" talk, and I'm not getting on board with this idea. I'm at peace with my maker, and I don't worry too much about Evolution vs. Creationism. I don't think not having a strong conviction one way or the other is going to keep me out of heaven.

But I just thought I'd throw this out, it may cause some to go "hmmm".

Last edited:
Actually, if you carefully read the first 2 chapters of Genesis, it could be interpreted that there were people on Earth before God created Adam and Eve. Genesis 1:26 says he creates mankind. In Genesis 2:7, he creates Adam. So could Genesis be read as first God creates man, then later he creates the Jewish race? And if you wanted to interpret the first two chapters that way, Is there anything in the Bible that would indicate how long before Adam did God create Man?

I know this may sound like "tinfoil hat" talk, and I'm not getting on board with this idea. I'm at peace with my maker, and I don't worry too much about Evolution vs. Creationism. I don't think not having a strong conviction one way or the other is going to keep me out of heaven.

But I just thought I'd throw this out, it may cause some to go "hmmm".
(Briefly going OT from the OP's topic...)

Let's please not introduce grammatical confusion unnecessarily, especially when reading carefully.

It's not uncommon for writers, past and present, to, like Moses, first generally summarize a larger scope or span of time, and then later explain in more detail a particular portion.

In this case Moses first sequentially described the entire week and each day's activities, including that on Day 7, God ended the work and rested from all of the work. (This means that the Creator was done, and that He did not later create Adam and Eve; which means they were the ones created on Day 6.)

After sequentially explaining the week of Creation, Moses then followed immediately by leaving the sequential-record and refocusing on the details that give more insight into the creation of Adam and Eve, including their Creator's thoughts, their surroundings, and their experiences thereafter.

Hope this helps,

(...now returning to the OP's topic.)

Last edited:

SCPD

are you suggesting that all dino's and humans died together at some point in history, and then later, somehow humans showed-up again after becoming extinct?
That's exactly the opposite of what I'm saying. The proof is in the different eras. You're the one talking (religious) theory

You're an idiot.

Proof or Theory? If humans existed with dino's, why couldn't the other species exist with dino's too; obviously, we survived? Or are you suggesting that all dino's and humans died together at some point in history, and then later, somehow humans showed-up again after becoming extinct?
That's exactly the opposite of what I'm saying. The proof is in the different eras. You're the one talking (religious) theory...
If I am misunderstanding your point, then please clarify your point again.

As I understand it, historians have found evidence like dino footprints that overlay human footprints; and arrowheads or spear-points in dino bones; which demonstrate that humans and dino's existed at the same time. So, using that information, we know these things:

What we know:
1) humans and dino's coexisted.
2) dino's don't exist now.
3) humans exist now.
4) other creatures exist now.
5) other creatures have become extinct in "our" lifetimes -- the last 100 years or so.
6) our generation of people tries to protect certain creatures/species from becoming extinct, like elephants.​

What we can conclude based upon the above points:
(1) humans could not have become extinct because they still exist.
(2) humans could not have/did not become extinct when dino's became extinct, because humans still exist.
(3) other creatures live now as they have for many generations, and you have not established their species' time-of-origin, though theories exist.
(4) it is possible for a species (like elephants) to become extinct without all other living creatures becoming extinct.
(5) it is possible that other creatures existed at the same time humans and dino's co-existed, without those other creatures becoming extinct when dino's became extinct.​

And to revisit your original question...
...a plausible answer (though I have no immediate proof) is the same as it is with any of the creatures that became extinct in "our" generation -- and that is that mankind made the particular species become extinct, either directly (with a weapon) or indirectly (by messing with their habitat).

If the lists above are incorrect, or if they are incompatible with your point, please clarify your point and reasoning.

And, in case you misread any of my earlier replies to your posts, I did not mention creation or evolution, or religion. I simply replied with logical reasoning. So, please use the same in reply.

Thanks,

Last edited:
So you think you have the bottom line answer that none of the other 7+ billion people on this planet have been able to prove or disprove? We see where this is going and you will not know the final answer until after your dead.

Your free to choose what to believe and in the end it may not matter or maybe it will and hopefully you made the right choice.
prcguy

Checkmate.

It makes a good cartoon

Dinosaurs disappeared long before the first humans. Paleontologists tell us that dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. Our earliest human ancestors lived in Africa about 4 million years ago. So humans and dinosaurs meet only in our imaginations.

There are some pretty outlandish statements being said here that a quick google search showed to be hoaxes.

As a young student in the early 1970's, I recall speculation by some scientists who posited that the cranial construction of some dinosaurs was such that the effect of "fire breathing" might have been possible, much like the bombardier beetle that still exists today. The concept lines up quite handily with the descriptions of dragons in ancient "folklore". If the notion of dragons is pure fantasy, it is strangely coincidental that modern scientists should uncover evidence to support it. Were there medieval paleontologists that "discovered" and theorized the same thing or could the possibility that "dragons" were observed be real? I wouldn't qualify this as proof on anything but it is food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.