The Thunderbirds are in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGNM

They just flew over my house hauling a$$. :)

Yesterday I was at the ABQ sunport waiting to pick up a friend and caught "T-Bird 6" on one of the approach frequencies on the scanner in my truck. Sure enough a few minutes later an F-16 flew low and relativly fast over the field, red white and blue paint with smoke on. The plane circled back and landed.

Today 5 of them just flew over my house moving at a pretty good clip. Very cool.

Monday, Thunderbird 8 was, "performing a site survey for a show scheduled to place at the Kirtland Air and Space Fiesta this summer."
Thunderbird 8 visits Kirtland > Kirtland Air Force Base > Article Display

Which brings up a question. They are scheduled to do a flyover at the superbowl on Sunday. I know they have pleanty of time to get there (especially in an F-16) but I'm curious if they have more than one set of planes.

If you aren't monitoring the air bands, maybe you should. That is, if you are into that kind of thing.

Last edited:

TRGNM

They're back.... Just in time for the air show this weekend. Once again I was at the right place at right time (near the airport). They did a 40 minute survey and some formation flying.

I think I have the standard frequency list for the Thunderbirds in one of my copies of "The Spectrum Monitor" from earlier this year. I'll plug those into my handheld tonight.

Kirtland Air and Space Fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.