• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The version of scriptures used by Jesus

Did you know Jesus would have (like most Jewish faith people of that time) used the Septuagint.

This was a version of the old Jewish scriptures that had been translated into the Greek language.

As far as i am aware most modern bible are from the Septuagint.

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
I would say not likely. He could understand Hebrew directly, or any language for that matter, so using a Greek translation is an unnecessary added step. I could see that if a local Synagogue he might be visiting was using that translation out of a local need for Greek or some other language, he would accommodate this need. With the vast intelligence a perfect human would have, such as was the case with him, he most assuredly had all written scripture memorized anyway.

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
With the characteristics of angels, one point to note about them is that they are not in a position to receive requests from us directly. Not even Jehovah's son, Jesus. This is Because Jehovah has reserved targeted communication for himself exclusively. He alone is the hearer of prayer. Of course, his son provides the legal and ethical basis which makes it possible.

We have constant thoughts all the time. Most are generated to function in the everyday aspects of our lives such as work, school and homelife. Jehovah is fully aware of these thoughts, at all times, with each of us.

But then there are times when situations cause us to take note of something, either good or bad, and we can feel an appreciation for pleasing things or a dislike for those which are unjust, cruel, selfish, etc. Jehovah is watching these reactions and just looking for even the tiniest inward quality of this appreciation of what is good, or an internal rejection of things which strike us as bad. When he sees this, Jehovah arranges things to make accurate knowledge of himself available. It’s up to the individual to act on it when it is given. We are not pre-programmed creatures such as dogs or horses. They have no choice in what they think and do, it’s built in. Humans are designed with an ability to return the qualities of their creator, of their own free will, thus created in his image.

Therefore Jehovah is who we must ultimately gain a favorable relationship with. We do not have an array of spirit creatures in varying levels of authority that we must navigate through. Right now, in the condition we are in we can’t have a direct one on one vocal relationship with Jehovah. But we can have a close, approved relationship which opens up prayer fully. He actually delights in hearing communication from those who have humbled themselves and put in the effort to know him. After this old system is gone and we are nursed back to the flawless condition we where intended to function in, we will have a one on one relationship without these limitations, and in a beautiful paradise spread out over the entire planet.

There is a lot at stake here, and due to this, Jehovah has reserved any and all communications to himself exclusively. We should not make inquiry of other spirit creatures.

Last edited:
With the characteristics of angels, one point to note about them is that they are not in a position to receive requests from us directly.
You speak very authoritatively about these things. How do you know all this? I don't recall this level of detail in the administration and office management in Heaven in the Bible or any other sacred religious texts. Jesus provides legal counsel to Jehovah? I'd never heard of this before.

This seems to be something peculiarly unique to Jehovah's Witnesses? So, what is happening with all the Catholics praying to Jude, the patron saint of lost causes? It's going to voicemail? Jehovah is intercepting Jude's mail?

Your authoritative assertions ignore a deep conflict with other faiths, and would seem to make a mockery of Catholicism, which tells it's faithful that saints are aware of their prayers, and are quite capable of performing miracles for a clever petitioner.

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
You speak very authoritatively about these things. How do you know all this?
It wasn’t my intention to come across as an “authority” in the sense that I think you took it to be. None of us are authorities with our study of the Bible. But what we do have is accurate knowledge of what the Bible really teaches. Of course, our knowledge isn’t perfect and all encompassing, but we have gained a very good understanding of Jehovah and his purposes, details about how he wants things done and how he requires us to serve him acceptably. What separates us is that we are willing to make the changes and apply what we learn. Last year, on average, well over 700 people per day were baptized as Witnesses. None of these where infants or toddlers who had no possible understanding of any ceremonial tradition. They were all students who, through study and an appreciation of what they learned, made a conscious decision that devoting themselves to Jehovah’s service was the right course of action. Along with accurate knowledge comes responsibility.

You misunderstood my meaning on the legal and ethical basis that Jesus sacrifice provided. No one provides council to Jehovah.

Your observations regarding what we have learned and teach, however, do indeed conflict with many other faiths. In fact, it conflicts with the entire religious system. This satanic system of things, which Jehovah hates, is intentionally set up to inhibit accurate knowledge of him by whatever means possible. It’s religious, governmental and social structure is thoroughly corrupt. The only way persons can pull themselves out of this is by an honest, objective study of the Bible. The legends, fairytales and outright lies which have been built up and taught as truth are very hard for individuals to let go of. But, as I mentioned in my previous post, when the honest quality of heart, even small amounts of it, are seen by Jehovah he makes arrangements to make himself available. Coming to an accurate knowledge of Jehovah and serving him is, right now, purely optional. It is not being forced on anyone. As long as this old system is still in operation people can choose to serve this system if they prefer. In the new system, however, there will be only survivors who have already demonstrated a willing desire to serve Jehovah. Billions more will be resurrected and will have opportunity to learn and become a part of what should have been in the first place. Jehovah could have ended the rebellion in the garden of Eden on the spot, he could have wiped out the rebels and forgot about the whole thing. But that wouldn’t answer the questions the rebellion raised, and would have left him defeated, which in itself is impossible. This sad experiment has served its purpose. I strongly recommend a free personal Bible study, then an informed decision can be made.

I hope this is within the OP’s intended subject of discussion.

It wasn’t my intention to come across as an “authority” in the sense that I think you took it to be. None of us are authorities with our study of the Bible. But what we do have is accurate knowledge of what the Bible really teaches.
But that's what every religion says. They all claim to represent the true word of God, and claim "accurate knowledge" of what the Bible allegedly teaches. What makes your religion so different?

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
What makes your religion so different?
Last year there was a peak of 8,579,909 witnesses in 240 countries (including countries where the work is done underground due to government ban) who spent a combined total of 2,074,655,497 hours in the field, going directly to people while there is still time to do so. It makes us a bit different.

Hello KB4MSZ.

I would like to ask you a question about Charles Taze Russell the forerunner of the Organisation called The Jehovah's Witnesses (Bible Student movement.)

You might not know the answer which i would quite understand.

Why on Charles Taze Russell's grave stone does it say "The Loadicean Messenger."

Was it a derogatory term left behind by associates who went on to form T.J.W.

I gather the definition means half hearted.

The term derives from the Loadicean Church of old being neither cold nor hot (not zealous enough) according to John's revelation of Jesus (Yeshu'a).

KB4MSZ

Premium Subscriber
Why on Charles Taze Russell's grave stone does it say "The Loadicean Messenger."
Who knows. If there is a derogatory history behind it, there is no one alive today that knows the history personally who could answer the question with authority. One thing that can be said for a certainty is that C.T. Russell was anything but halfhearted.

Brother Russell was a very successful business man, especially for his time. His wealth could have easily afforded him a carefree life, even at a young adult age. But he had concerns with things that were long since accepted by the churches of the time (and still are), that where taught as fact. He wasn’t alone in this, a number of people at the time also felt this way and where starting to question these commonly accepted beliefs. A few of these resulted in totally new religious movements which still exist to this day.

In the late 19th century the church still held a strong position of influence with most aspects of daily life. For someone to begin questioning teachings that this influence was based on would indeed invite opposition, possibly even ruining someone’s social and economic situation. Perhaps Brother Russell’s already established wealth gave him some protection in the economic aspect, but he made many enemies inside Christendom and this opposition grew as he continued to make his findings known. When he decided to turn his findings into teachings, in other words publish, this opened up fierce opposition. He was completely focused on his activity. Was it possible that he could have said or done things that where careless or thoughtless at times? Of course. I’m sure there where times when he said or did things that where completely inappropriate and others had cause to be offended. As his studies progressed he published things that we now know not to be correct. But his motivation was to derive the truth from the Bible to the best of his ability, and he spent his life doing it. To look back at an imperfect human and be surprised to find faults, sometimes even serious ones, is not an exercise in reality. Jesus was a completely flawless human, but he made at least one statement we know of that offended a number of his disciples, to the point that they would no longer follow him. At issue here was their improper condition of heart, not the statement that Jesus made. The result was that the statement served a purpose, these half hearted “disciples” where filtered out.

Brother Russell did not establish a new religion, he simply rejected what he believed to be false and strove to find what was true. It was time for this, Jehovah’s kingdom was about to go into full operation in the heavenly realm and it was time for things to be cleaned up, a process that is still ongoing. We make mistakes, make the corrections when found, and move on. Do not look for perfection here.

I have made it a point to not quote scriptures or refer to published materials along with my answers to the various questions everyone has asked. This is an inappropriate place to conduct a Bible study and I won’t let it turn into one. I think this is a good point at which to conclude my input here, and I have enjoyed the conversation.

Last year there was a peak of 8,579,909 witnesses in 240 countries (including countries where the work is done underground due to government ban) who spent a combined total of 2,074,655,497 hours in the field, going directly to people while there is still time to do so. It makes us a bit different.
Show me a religion that doesn't proselytize. THAT would be different. Yours is just more if the same... lots more of the same.