(Thinking about) Aircraft Streaming here in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUrge

Hey everyone - It's been awhile since I've been here on RR and in the hobby for that matter. I've been getting the itch to get back in to it, and I've been thinking about setting up a streaming link for Aircraft freqs here in Omaha. I know there's already online streaming for both Omaha PD and Railroad in the area, but not aircraft AFAIK so I think it would be a good addition.

Any interest? Any ideas on what I should monitor (other than Eppley and Minneapolis Center)?

Also, I need to get a new radio too since I sold my Pro-97 awhile back... EBay here I come :D

I'll keep everyone updated.

-TheUrge

Last edited:

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
Here are a few that I monitor:

118.0 Approach-Departure Control
118.25 ATIS
119.1 Minneapolis Center
119.6 Minneapolis Center
120.1 Offutt AFB Approach-Departure Control
121.7 Offutt AFB Ground Control
121.9 Ground Control
123.7 Offutt AFB Tower
124.1 Minneapolis Center
124.5 Offutt AFB Approach-Departure Control
125.4 Millard Airport Clearance
126.025 Offutt AFB ATIS
127.6 Tower
128.75 Minneapolis Center

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Omaha, NE Air Frequencies

118.0 Approach-Departure Control
118.25 ATIS
118.5 Lincoln Tower
119.1 Minneapolis Center
119.6 Minneapolis Center
119.65 Minneapolis Center
120.1 Offut AFB Approach-Departure Control
121.7 Offut AFB Ground Control
121.9 Ground Control
122.35 Flight Service
122.65 Lincoln Flight Service
122.8 Unicom
122.9 Unicom
123.0 Unicom
123.7 Offut AFB Tower
124.0 Lincoln Approach-Departure Control
124.1 Minneapolis Center
124.5 Offut AFB Approach-Departure Control
124.8 Lincoln Approach-Departure Control
125.4 Millard Airport Clearance
126.025 Offut AFB ATIS
127.6 Tower
128.475 Council Bluffs Arinc
128.75 Minneapolis Center
129.45 Lincoln Arinc
130.175 Arinc
131.45 Arinc
132.25 Minneapolis Center
133.725 Minneapolis Center
133.75 Minneapolis Center
133.85 Minneapolis Center
133.925 Minneapolis Center
134.225 Minneapolis Center
134.35 Minneapolis Center
134.45 Minneapolis Center
134.7 Minneapolis Center
134.875 Minneapolis Center
238.9 Offut AFB Air-to-Air Refueling
263.0 Approach-Departure Control
273.5 Offut AFB ATIS
275.8 Offut AFB Ground Control
281.5 Departure Control
290.4 Minneapolis Center
311.0 SAC Primary
321.0 SAC Secondary
338.3 Minneapolis Center
342.5 Offut AFB Pilot-to-Forecaster
346.3 Minneapolis Center
348.4 Offut AFB Tower
363.8 Approach-Departure Control
372.2 Offut AFB Approach-Departure Control

I think Minneapolis Tower is any aircraft above 10,000 feet.

FF-Medic !!!!

TheUrge

Thanks for the replies... I'm going shopping on eBay today so I'll keep everyone posted.

-TheUrge

topnik

I like listening to PAR...

135.35 for Offutt...or at least last time I checked...

I know...I know...PAR is lame...

So goes it...I can admit it...

Spanky###

TheUrge

The stream is now active! I picked up another Pro-97 on eBay last week and got everything up and running on a spare PC. I ended up building a dipole and mounting it outside - so far it's been working pretty well.

As far as monitoring Eppley itsself, the way I ended up making things work is a little weird - since I live in Millard, I can pick up Millard Approach great. I cannot hear Eppley tower at all - only the pilots side of the converstation. Apparently the Millard freq also simocasts Eppley Approach/Omaha approach so I end up using Millard for the tower side of the conversation and Eppley's frequency for the Pilot side of the conversation. It's odd, but it seems like it's working well.

Also, I limited the stream to Eppley, Millard and Offutt Approach and Departure only to try and keep things somewhat uncluttered. I decided that I might change things up and switch to Sarpy County Public Safety Freq's (and storm chaser freqs) during Severe WX, but we'll see how things go with this now. I'm still tweaking things here and there, but for now I am happy with the way it is setup.

Anyways, check it out:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/omaha-scanner

-TheUrge

Allan_Love_Jr

Airline Channel.

TheUrge said:
The stream is now active! I picked up another Pro-97 on eBay last week and got everything up and running on a spare PC. I ended up building a dipole and mounting it outside - so far it's been working pretty well.

As far as monitoring Eppley itsself, the way I ended up making things work is a little weird - since I live in Millard, I can pick up Millard Approach great. I cannot hear Eppley tower at all - only the pilots side of the converstation. Apparently the Millard freq also simocasts Eppley Approach/Omaha approach so I end up using Millard for the tower side of the conversation and Eppley's frequency for the Pilot side of the conversation. It's odd, but it seems like it's working well.

Also, I limited the stream to Eppley, Millard and Offutt Approach and Departure only to try and keep things somewhat uncluttered. I decided that I might change things up and switch to Sarpy County Public Safety Freq's (and storm chaser freqs) during Severe WX, but we'll see how things go with this now. I'm still tweaking things here and there, but for now I am happy with the way it is setup.

Anyways, check it out:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/omaha-scanner

-TheUrge
Damn that is Sweet. :D

TheUrge

jayt555 said:
Sounds to me like it's scanning Bellevue PD at the moment.

It is. :) I decided I wasn't happy with the the reception. Being that I'm in an apartment, I'm limited on what antennas I can put up. I didn't want to stream something mediocre so I decided I would stream Sarpy instead. Plus I think there would be a little bit more interest...

-TheUrge

topnik

Very nice...I wish I got ORION as well as I do Sarpy from out here in Millard...although things have improved with the 396 since the "upgrades"...or maybe it's just a psychosomatic thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.