This better make my coffee in the morning too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay34654

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Do all of us a favor anyone that starts off whining about what he has bought needs to send it back and find something else to spend his money on. you are the type that is never happy with any radio.

I believe he's commenting on the price. Currently, that scanner is listed for $1,120.95.

QDP2012

Do all of us a favor anyone that starts off whining about what he has bought needs to send it back and find something else to spend his money on. you are the type that is never happy with any radio.

The OP seems to be sarcastically commenting about the $1,100+ price tag. The OP probably has not bought the radio.

Last edited:

lindsay34654

New radio

every time a new uniden comes out I buy one and pass the older one to a relative. I am waiting till March to replace my 996 with the 2 new ones. I save for what I want. and get what I want. like I said that price for a radio that first came out at $500 and still sells for around that price for a new one on any site the guy got robbed

frazpo

Scary thing is it has two watchers. Probably hoping for someone to bid on it that doesn't realize the true value. You will see that on Amazon also.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have said it a million times before:

caveat-emptor.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
yes

If it comes with the yellow happy face,its so worth it! Isnt he cute?!

Last edited:

Redneck0410

Ebay users would be damn fools to pay that much for a scanner. I understand the need to make money but sheesh! Yes, I haven't owned one of those, nor do I own ANY P-25 capable scanner at the present time. I'd like one, yes, but I can't afford it as I have an infant daughter to take care of.

K8LEA

I bought my BCD396XD from Radio Shack about a year ago. Way under half of that :D....

I think I've seen it for a lot more than $500 more than once, though.

But some people don't look.... Find an ad and place the order....

I'm way too cheap to do that. Didn't have look too far when I needed APCO25 capability, but that was because there really weren't any good choices. A 296 turned out to be a bad buy, but RS had a very good price on the 396. I still haven't gotten rid of the 296....

The only real problem is that I'm used to having a good scanner in the car, and the 396, while it works well, just isn't quite right.... No budget for another 396 (or similar) now....

If the battery life was better, I might be a little more inclined to just wear the thing, and toss it on the seat or something in the car. Doesn't quite cut it without a mobile charge cable, not to mention three 110V wall warts.... The battery won't stay alive between breakfast and supper, and by then is worthless in the basement office. So, there's a charger in the bedroom for "overnight", one in the family room for "during the day", and one in the office for "night"....

Not to mention one for the car, but with two cars, I really need two. Otherwise I forget which one's in which car.... :D

Regards,

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's funnier - the inflated price of the scanner or the fools watching this auction ? :)

Last edited:

K8LEA

Manny:

Many years ago, I had a cheap AM-FM clock radio with a power jack for a coffee pot.

My college roommate and a couple of our friends conspired to plug a fire gong into it, and stick it under my bed.

That thing was loud.... At about 0600....

I don't remember what happened to that radio, but I think the gong is down in the basement someplace.

(Yikes, that was in 1963....)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.