THOMASTON

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
This freq is not listed in the data base under Thomaston. Where di you find it.? I know they were looking into a new radio system.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Here is the license for Thomaston PD. Looks like the UHF channels were added to the old Low-band licens: ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNID971 - THOMASTON, TOWN OF - Frequencies Summary

There are a few new licenses under Thomaston, they have three microwave licenses under the public safety pool -
WQSV401: ULS License - Microwave Public Safety Pool License - WQSV402 - Town of Thomaston
WQSV411: ULS License - Microwave Public Safety Pool License - WQSV411 - Town of Thomaston
WQSV420: ULS License - Microwave Public Safety Pool License - WQSV420 - Town of Thomaston

Here's the license for the Public Safety 4940 - 4990 band: ULS License - Public Safety 4940-4990 MHz Band License - WQSJ710 - Thomaston, Town of

As fro the fire department, they are still operating under the old Low-band 45Mhz frequencies as far as I can tell. I know they were looking to move also.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Go to This website scan newland.com Under Connecticut Go to Litchfield County You will have fire police ems go to police You will see the frequencies there for Thomas

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I don't think they did anything with radios on the police or fire end yet maybe they just got the license ,the reason I say that is because there are a lot of people in that area on a fire forum and on face book and no mention anywhere about new radio system in service! but I'll put the freqs in and see if I pick anything up!I'm close nought I would hear them

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Definitely Rick, I would have seen something on the local fire forum also if there was a major change on the fire / ems side. As for PD, haven't read anything new.

55Enigne, which site are you trying to describe? Scan New England? The web address is not right.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Well isn't this ironic,this was on the e-edition of the Waterbury newspaper today (dec 26 2013)
THOMASTON — More than a year since the police chief rallied townspeople to support replacing an ailing radio system used by first responders, new radios aren't yet up and running.

Chief James Campbell said the old radio system, installed in the 1970s, is failing so fast he is trying to have at least part of the new system operational after the first of the year. However, the entire project isn't anticipated to be finished until March, Campbell said.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bill. Though it was the Scan New England site, though maybe 55engine was telling me different.

COMINT_NE

Thomaston has the frequencies licensed. Plug them in your scanner and give them a listen. Then you'll know when they start using them.

Heard them loud and clear on 39.96 this morning.

APX7500X2

Thomaston

Going Live tomorrow, Not all of the system is up and running but they are going to go on the air with what they have.

PD 460.600 Digital They do have encryption, we will see if they use it
FD/EMS 453.225 Analog
FD Fire Ground 458.200 Analog
FD Fire Ground 460.300 Analog
DPW 453.975 Analog

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Going Live tomorrow, Not all of the system is up and running but they are going to go on the air with what they have.

PD 460.600 Digital They do have encryption, we will see if they use it
FD/EMS 453.225 Analog
FD Fire Ground 458.200 Analog
FD Fire Ground 460.300 Analog
DPW 453.975 Analog

I'll be monitoring ,is there and pls yet for them,I'll do a search as I monitor them and see what I come up with, the police may have a NAC code but I'll see what I come up with .

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Just a little info i found out, the police channel 460.600 is also used by east Hartford fire dispatch ,I was in east Hartford yesterday, of course if you put in the tone code assigned to Thomaston police then it solves that issue.a poster on the ct fire forms stated the tone codes will be. Dpl 223, he did not state if it was for the whole system or just the fd channels, I would assume it's for all of them,they can changed them easily if the techs are picking up interference with a certain tone code assigned to a particular frequency.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Do we know what going on with the radio system?

I have not heard any transmissions on their channels yet. But I also live In Walcott and have hills between me and Thomaston so I may not be able to pick them up if they are useing it,

APX7500X2

PD 460.600 NAC 293 (Yes the default Motorola NAC) Not much thought went into that

No encryption yet but they got All APX radios and they come with encryption standard so we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.