THP Ten/Letter/Number Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Some usage has changed for some agencies though most of those codes are still valid. Knox County is preparing to go to TACN, most likely over this next year. they have an agreement with Motorola to install an TACN Core in Knoxville, thus adding an 3rd Zone, and then when the Middle TN Regional TRS is completed, using the Nashville Core, which will be then upgraded and converted to TACN there will be 4 Zones total. The 4th also tied into the TVA TRS.

Note on Ten/Alpha Codes: What is used by THP may not be the same as is in use by say Alcoa PD. Several County/Municipalities have their own Ten Codes, and Status Codes etc. Not to mention they may be very different from the Standard APCO 10 Codes....

Last edited by a moderator:
TACN

Some usage has changed for some agencies though most of those codes are still valid. Knox County is preparing to go to TACN, most likely over this next year. they have an agreement with Motorola to install an TACN Core in Knoxville, thus adding an 3rd Zone, and then when the Middle TN Regional TRS is completed, using the Nashville Core, which will be then upgraded and converted to TACN there will be 4 Zones total. The 4th also tied into the TVA TRS.
Is TACN what Grangier Co. TN uses? I just got a new scanner WS1040 from Whistler and man how things have changed! I had a Pro89 from RS for fifteen years and it just all broke at once. Battery cover broke and then the ant came apart so I guess it was time. If THP operates at 770 MHz, and an old TV can go to channel 64, can they be heard on an old TV? Cool username by the way lol

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Is TACN what Grangier Co. TN uses? I just got a new scanner WS1040 from Whistler and man how things have changed! I had a Pro89 from RS for fifteen years and it just all broke at once. Battery cover broke and then the ant came apart so I guess it was time. If THP operates at 770 MHz, and an old TV can go to channel 64, can they be heard on an old TV? Cool username by the way lol

No an TV can not pick up 700 MHz P25 Trunked Systems. For more info on the newer radio systems in use, and good info over all check out the wiki! Main Page - The RadioReference Wiki

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
No an TV can not pick up 700 MHz P25 Trunked Systems. For more info on the newer radio systems in use, and good info over all check out the wiki! Main Page - The RadioReference Wiki

Well....

Technically, he's right. IF the tv could receive UHF 60+ on the old band plan, it would potentially be able to pick it up. Problem is that it wouldn't be able to decode it, or follow channel grants, etc.

It would be funny as hell if someone built a scanner with like seven old console tv receivers and a laptop with some sort of interface....

Thanks for responses

THATS the ones! Thanks for the PDF there!

Well....

Technically, he's right. IF the tv could receive UHF 60+ on the old band plan, it would potentially be able to pick it up. Problem is that it wouldn't be able to decode it, or follow channel grants, etc.

It would be funny as hell if someone built a scanner with like seven old console tv receivers and a laptop with some sort of interface....
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODk4WDE2MDA=/z/Xa4AAOSwGotWsSxp/$_1.JPG

It can't do that. BUT it CAN go to 120, but you have to key it in manually by pressing 100+ key then 2 and then 0. Doesn't 120 VHF equal UHF 69ish which is where THP is 771MHz-773Mhz? Yeah think of all those old CRTs at KARM or something one could make that work lol.

emcom

With THP, code 4 means they got a ticket usually. When the dispatcher asks for status, they will say "7750 Signal 21?" and the unit will reply "7750 Affirmative" to indicate they are ok. I've never heard another agency answer like that. It works for them I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.