Thursday Showers being Friday Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydcg2003

Just wondering if anyone was listening to any of the traffic on Micron in des moines or any of the ham frequencies tonight.. Sounds like some damage was done by winds and twisters. Anybody see anything worth noting? Also what's the deal with the snow tomorrow. Can we not get a break :(. And as you can see that was suppose to be brings friday snow but i can't type tonight either.. fingers went dumb

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I dont know about damage, but I just got off work and we got held west of Tama for a "Severe Tornado Warning"...

Then again at Blairstown...

ugh... is it over yet?

timkilbride

Database Admin
I had just missed some 100-110MPH winds East of Newton on a Westbound train. I got the wind speeds from the NWS site.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
how ya liking your new work location there tim?

Your new roomie workin out the way you hoped? ;)

timkilbride

Database Admin
Newton is alright. I have get to dig my latern out. Every job/train is in daylight. I worked March 30th through April 11th with one day off.

The Marshalltown deal ended up falling through at the last very minute. I did find me a place in Ames(about a block from the double main). *She* just called a little bit ago to give me the final go ahead to move in. I'm busy packing now.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
hmmmm... A block off of the double main... Which crossing? ;) I'll make sure we whistle long and loud when the city's automated system kisck the bucket again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.