tim hortons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

I was wondering....

I will rent the movie tomorrow, but after reading the bio at Timhorton.com, and thinking about the movie, I was wondering:

Was Tim Horton the basis for the character Jean La Rose in "Strange Brew"?

A more intelligent post tomorrow, after seeing the movie.

Dic

jellotor

It's been a while since I've seen Strange Brew too...but considering the Canajun pedigree of that film I'd say probably.

Of course, we all know about Stan Mikita's Donuts in Wayne's World...

scnnr

dic said:
I was wondering....

I will rent the movie tomorrow, but after reading the bio at Timhorton.com, and thinking about the movie, I was wondering:

Was Tim Horton the basis for the character Jean La Rose in "Strange Brew"?

A more intelligent post tomorrow, after seeing the movie.

Dic

For sure let us know if you killed your self laughing at it. It is a oldy but hillarious. :D

dic

Actually, I haven't been able to find the movie to rent.

I did do a websearch and found the entire "Great White North" album online and downloaded it and now have it in my CD player in my car.

It is pretty damn funny.

I'll keep this page updated.

Good day, eh?

Dic McKenzie

Last edited:

ve9fc

Great White North Album,
is that the One with the McKenzie 12 days of Christmas, if it is it the Best Christmas Carol Going.

On the frist day of Christmas my true Love gave to me... A BEER

mbstone99

Great White North

ve9fc said:
Great White North Album,
is that the One with the McKenzie 12 days of Christmas, if it is it the Best Christmas Carol Going.

On the frist day of Christmas my true Love gave to me... A BEER

Yup that is the one and don't forget Geddy Lee from Rush doing a song with the boys. Classic as classic can be

Matt
Take off eh you hoser!

pathalogical

mbstone99 said:
Yup that is the one and don't forget Geddy Lee from Rush doing a song with the boys. Classic as classic can be

Matt
Take off eh you hoser!
What did Geddy say "Hey, 10 buck is 10 bucks !" And don't forget Trailer Park Boys where the kidnapped Alex Lifeson.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
mbstone99 said:

Matt
Take off eh you hoser!

That's my favorite Trailer Park Boys Episode.

"Closer to the heart" :)

dic

My pleasure, Matt and all readers of this board,

A week ago, after receiving a needlessly unprofessional written tirade from a moderator from another board (after I had tried to notify him of something that had occurred on his board), and seeing the decline of common courtesy and politeness on this website, I had decided to resign my membership.

This post has reminded me that there are members who are here because they love scanning and sharing knowledge about the hobby we all have in common. And that there are people without attitudes and superiority complexes who still know how to laugh and have fun.

I think I'll hang around this board for a while, eh?

Dic

Last edited:

_DeS_

I would assume that I should be able to hear these restruants with singal stalked on ? but oddly enough at the majority of local restruants I'm not able to hear squat ? Mind you I did hear a local A&W but nothing elese...any idea why ?

jellotor

Could be any number of reasons. Could be that you're out of range...or that their intercom works on a frequency band out of range of your scanner.

pathalogical

_DeS_ said:
I would assume that I should be able to hear these restruants with singal stalked on ? but oddly enough at the majority of local restruants I'm not able to hear squat ? Mind you I did hear a local A&W but nothing elese...any idea why ?
That's what I tried first, Close Call and got no hits. I was no more than 30 feet from the order window, watching people as they ordered. I could even hear with the car window up, since most people usually speak up when the pull up, but the employee sounded more like Charlie Brown's school teacher...wha wha, wha, wha wha wha !!!

mbstone99

Drive Thrus

pathalogical said:
That's what I tried first, Close Call and got no hits. I was no more than 30 feet from the order window, watching people as they ordered. I could even hear with the car window up, since most people usually speak up when the pull up, but the employee sounded more like Charlie Brown's school teacher...wha wha, wha, wha wha wha !!!

I think these units used are very low power and pretty much if you aren't standing right beside the person you are not going to get a CC hit. Fortunately though all of them all located either in the 30-36 Mhz range or the 900 Mhz range.. with some being in the 450-470 Mhz range. a lot of them too especially the ones in the 30 and 900 Mhz bands the drive thru side has a distinct open carrier when not in use.

Matt

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
In Belleville my 246T Close Called on 469.2125mhz [131.6] This was both customer and employee. Employee only on 464.2125mhz [141.3].

slicerwizard

Lots of Timmy's using 902-928 band with very low power. You won't CC them when a cell site is in the same area. Bandwidth is fairly high as well.

BTW, best drive through comms I heard: East Indian woman with two kids in the back orders "Two Big Macs, hold the meat" - OMG, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.