Tinker Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationX

Is anyone going to the tinker air show??, i know i am with or without my g/f.....lol, but anyways dose anyone know if scanners are aloud there on there web site it says that you can bring radios but is a scanner considered a radio to the military
http://www.starspangledsalute.com/

mam1081

Feed Provider
I took mine in last year. I didn't even get looked at twice!

Just don't bring so many you need a backpack (it's on the prohibited items list).

iamhere300

RadiationX said:
Is anyone going to the tinker air show??, i know i am with or without my g/f.....lol, but anyways dose anyone know if scanners are aloud there on there web site it says that you can bring radios but is a scanner considered a radio to the military
http://www.starspangledsalute.com/

I hate that... I have to be in OKC that day, and I have a tower right off one
of the active runways, it would be a great place to watch from....

But I get to go to a Dog Whisperererererer seminar that day..... I am so
lucky.... (Snicker)

fireant

Any one make the tinker airshow planned on going until found out the show did not start until 2 pm so decided not to go. Hopefully will hit Witchita and Alliance Airshows.

fireant

fireant

Was out by tinker yesterday alot of traffic on the security channels not alot of air traffic saw a E-3 and KC 135 look like practing for the show.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Around 98 degrees - yeah, it was a little warm. Lots of P25 traffic! I just submitted the shuttle channel (408.7625 repeater). Can you believe even the shuttles are digital? They seem to be using XTL5000 (50W) mobiles and XTS3000 handhelds.

The airboss is on 119.700 if anyone still wants to listen in!

RadiationX

Yeah I got back about 10 i stayed for the fireworks, but this years air show wasnt as good as last years, the fireworks were better this year but not the air part, there was only one RC guy last year there was a few more. But all in all it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.