Tippecanoe County: Help Identify TGID 40240

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon

FYI:

Actually, I've been hearing talk groups 40208 and 40240 on the Tippecanoe County Public Safety system for the past few days. Sounds like some type of farming operation or construction activity. Any help identifying these talkgroups would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Go-24

Yes, I've heard them for a few weeks actually but havent 100% concluded who it is. I thought they might be with the Lafayette Municiple Departments - seems to follow that TG assignment and the chatter is similar as well.

Also have some municiple departments / surveyor etc working off of system 2 as well using 57936, 57952, 57968, and 62208.

As soon as I can get my newest scanner set up with a tap, and slicer, I might be better equipped to find and identify these new TGs. (I hope anyway.)

TippeTrunker2

Premium Subscriber
Really sounds a lot like the Zoo activity. Milk cow on the right, etc. Still not sure. There is a lot of building construction going on there now.

Go-24

Yes, they are on right now talking about mowing loeb stadium .... sounds like the exact same guy I heard on system 2. Maybe the "parks" talkgroups or some of them moved from one system to the other? Hmmmmm.

bessiedawg

I haven't heard the chatter, but if there are zoo construction references, it is probably related to construction at Columbia Park of the new Arnett/Clarian petting zoo. It's supposed to be a fairly large deal.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Go-24 said:
Yes, I've heard them for a few weeks actually but havent 100% concluded who it is. I thought they might be with the Lafayette Municiple Departments - seems to follow that TG assignment and the chatter is similar as well.

Also have some municiple departments / surveyor etc working off of system 2 as well using 57936, 57952, 57968, and 62208.

As soon as I can get my newest scanner set up with a tap, and slicer, I might be better equipped to find and identify these new TGs. (I hope anyway.)

Make sure you have the system type set to type I, and "fleetmap" for B-7 (block 7) set to S-2.

This won't include all the talkgroups that have been reported in this thread, but the school corporation on system 2 (government system?!?) uses type I talkgroups, and so does some of the other agencies.

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4785

Last edited:

bacon

DaveIN said:
Make sure you have the system type set to type I, and "fleetmap" for B-7 (block 7) set to S-7.

This won't include all the talkgroups that have been reported in this thread, but the school corporation on system 2 (government system?!?) uses type I talkgroups, and so does some of the other agencies.

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4785

Is block 7 supposed to be S-2 or S-7? I was under the impression it is S-2. How is the block setting verified anyway? I've always wondered.

Go-24

I have it set as 2 as that was the way it was when I got the info before the latest update. I of course dont have a clue as to the difference between 2 and 7 LOL but am quite curious as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.