• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tk - 2180

Status
Not open for further replies.

operator219

I have a TK-2180 and maybe it's my lack of knowledge of Kenwood programming software but I have on a particular zone just regular DOT/STAR frequencies inserted and I am constantly hearing static over all of those frequencies programmed. The radio transmits and receives fine so no issue with that and the PL is set CSQ (if anybody wondered). I find this odd as my company issued Motorola XTS-5000 on DOT/STAR doesn't pick up this static at all. This is why I am assuming it's a program issue maybe ? Also I know the TK-2180 is capable of decoding 2 Tone and was wondering if there is a function that would allow it too selective call if anybody can offer some assistance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The radio transmits and receives fine so no issue with that and the PL is set CSQ (if anybody wondered). Thanks in Advance !

In fact, I WAS wondering! Without PL protection on the receive, you're open to anything that will bust the squelch. So try this, program a button for squelch. You could then adjust it up and down to suit your needs. If the highest setting doesn't squelch, the radio could be re-aligned with the high-low points.

The 2180 has extensive selective call features. Two tone or DTMF will do it. Fleetsync and MDC1200 will also plus give a host of other features. The bear is setting it all up. Do you have a full head of hair?

operator219

Thanks the interference was fixed :) I am up to growing more hair if your willing to go at it with me. I am programing my radio myself and I have done well thus far (2 years) are you offering assistance in furthering my knowledge on this ? You say MDC1200 on TK-2180 ?!?!?!?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
MDC1200 is supported with the latest firmware (and software).

As far setting up advanced signaling, that's kind of a tall order through the forum. Tell you what though, I have a PDF that will lay the programming options out for you and then clarify the finer points here if you have a question. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.