Tk2180 emergency button

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
Hey yall trying to program my emergency button but can't remember how to do it. Anyone program this before that can help me out

I've programmed them, what sort of issues are you experiencing?

Also, the button can be programmed to do a number of functions, "Emergency" is just one of them. Even under the emergency tab, there are a lot of options.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
I am looking to basically set it as an emergency tone in case I'm in a situation where I may not be able to physically key up on radio. I would like to be able to just push a button and the personality channel remains open for a set duration where audio can be heard

Hey yall trying to program my emergency button but can't remember how to do it. Anyone program this before that can help me out
you need to set up in AUX key select EMERGENCY, then used the fleetsync for it. then set in in emergency information your duration, in my option i set up the emergency cycles by number not infinite also set the emergency mode to audible you can set up also the text.

if you are using 2180 you can set up also caller ID for it so that you know whos key up and asking for emergency.

MDC1200 on the TK-x180 line is a firmware upgrade for most radios.
correct me if im wrong, but im using KPG-89D for x180 even i upgrade the firmware for the radio if your software dont have MDC-1200 you can't set up also the radio. im using MDC is just plain and simple caller ID but more than that i used fleetsync.

You'd need to upgrade both the KPG-89 and the radio firmware to access the MDC-1200 functions.
sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC,

i open topic about emergency for shutdown, but im using KAP 2 for accessories relay inside the RADIO
but i wan to know more about accessories output in the radio. with out using KAP 2, maybe theres a programming that can activate the accessories at the back of the radio.

sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC.

While not the TK-x180 series, I have a NX-700 and NX-200 and the NX-x00 series you select MDC-1200 or FleetSyc signalling per zone. You can have one zone MDC1200 and another zone Fleetsyc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC,

i open topic about emergency for shutdown, but im using KAP 2 for accessories relay inside the RADIO
but i wan to know more about accessories output in the radio. with out using KAP 2, maybe theres a programming that can activate the accessories at the back of the radio.
Not much you can do with MDC1200 on these. As you said, FleetSync has more capabilities.

"Extended Function" "AUX" tab would be a place to look at output and input options for the rear connector.

Also,
You'd need to go under the "Model" tab for the radio and select MDC1200 or FleetSync for the specific radio. The radio will only do one or the other, not both at the same time.