to the chester county feed owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
to the owner of the chester county pa online feed what is your plain in the next couple of years with the system going p-25 or p-25 2 with police might be going with ecryption on there part of the system. Do u have away to get the new equipment and keys to keep u online or will u be pulled off the air alone with the scanner community. I listen to your online feed when I want to listen to another county ect.

phillydjdan

Asking someone about encryption keys on this forum is HIGHLY frowned upon. Also, unless he is an authorized user of the system, he would have no way of obtaining that information anyway. If they decide to use encryption, sorry, but you're outta luck, end of story.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
this was my point if he doesn't have acess to the system then we are out of luck I wasnt asking for keys for my self just wanted to know if he could get them. so we could still listen to his site thank u.

RonnieUSA

to the owner of the Chester county pa online feed what is your plain in the next couple of years with the system going p-25 or p-25 2 with police might be going with encryption on there part of the system. Do u have away to get the new equipment and keys to keep u online or will u be pulled off the air alone with the scanner community. I listen to your online feed when I want to listen to another county ect.
System Keys don't work in scanners.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure, even if you had access to a system encryption key legitimately, and used it to broadcast said encrypted traffic on the internet, it would at very least be frowned upon by the AHJ, if not some sort of infraction of federal law.

dlnorth

this was my point if he doesn't have acess to the system then we are out of luck I wasnt asking for keys for my self just wanted to know if he could get them. so we could still listen to his site thank u.

It is illegal to rebroadcast encrypted radio traffic, so even if he had the key and a scanner that could decode AES, or whatever encryption algorithm they are using, existed, there would be no way for him to do what you are asking him to do without committing a crime.

jerry092975

to the owner of the chester county pa online feed what is your plain in the next couple of years with the system going p-25 or p-25 2 with police might be going with ecryption on there part of the system. Do u have away to get the new equipment and keys to keep u online or will u be pulled off the air alone with the scanner community. I listen to your online feed when I want to listen to another county ect.
Well i'l put it like this if the county's police channels are encrypted then it won't be on the Broadcastify site, And as far as the Fire and EMS goe's it should not be encrypted at all except maybe their side channels like portable to portable. As for programing i will be following the FCC and RR and Broadcastify TOS and all guidelines. THX Jerry K.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
yea I am loving the new system here to the only thing I wish was to only hear the west side of the system or east and not both. is there a way with the 436hp to hear just the east side talk groups and not west and east at the same time?

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Hey jerry check your face book I send u a friends request talk to u later .

Status
Not open for further replies.