Toll Road VHF channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

So where are the VHF Toll Road Channels in the DB? They are still active as I just heard them being used by INDOT. I looked and it appears they are no longer in the DB.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Steve, I'm curious what the thinking is behind putting INDOT under Indiana Areawide Frequencies instead of under Indiana State Agencies. Is it because it's not "public safety"? At quick glance, it seems a little confusing to have different state agencies appear in different locations.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Correct. It's just the way the DB is setup. Under "Indiana State Agencies" the only thing that goes into that category is Public Safety agencies. They are automatically populated there when an agency is assigned as Public Safety. Any other category (including federal) an agency is assigned to is automatically populated to the "Indiana Areawide Frequencies" We do not have the ability to change where those appear.

The possible categories for an agency are:

Public Safety
Federal
Military
Aircraft/Airport
Business Group
Railroad
Utility
Events
Interop
Amateur Radio

So everything except Public Safety would automatically be placed under "Indiana Areawide Frequencies"

Last edited:

jimsokol

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't the operation and maintenance of the Toll Road changed from INDOT to ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC) in 2006 when the state leased it out?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
That's what I thought. But I'm not sure if INDOT still has anything to do with it or not. This brings up a good point. The ITRC frequencies are not really state issued, so maybe they need their own page instead of being on the INDOT page. There is also one INDOT toll road freq. listed.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't the operation and maintenance of the Toll Road changed from INDOT to ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC) in 2006 when the state leased it out?

Yes....Toll Road maintance is not part of INDOT. They, along with communications between Toll Plaza's and "Control" are still on 155.4150 (210.7 PL), ISP Toll Road post is on Safe-T

W9NES

ISP TOLL Road which was the" old Dist 11" was on 154.755 before going to Safe-t before that all Dist 11 Toll Road Units had low band 42Mhz and did talk to Lowell Post on F-3 42.120.Also Dist 11 had their own VHF freq which was 154.755.You might listen to 154.755 as this was also a Toll Road channel.

djbrane

ISP TOLL Road which was the" old Dist 11" was on 154.755 before going to Safe-t before that all Dist 11 Toll Road Units had low band 42Mhz and did talk to Lowell Post on F-3 42.120.Also Dist 11 had their own VHF freq which was 154.755.You might listen to 154.755 as this was also a Toll Road channel.

There is nothing on 154.755 anymore. As Shauno wrote, ISP Toll Road Post is on SAFE-T.

W9NES

The point is that as I stated in my post Toll Road Dist 11" used 154.755 before Safe-t was even available",They also had 155.415 as posted by shano.Lowell Dist 13 ISP had a monitor in dispatch for the control operator to monitor for 154.755 for VHF Hi-band communiations between Dist 11 Toll Road Post and the cars.They also had 155.475 ILEEN

Status
Not open for further replies.