Tom Green/Coke Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeHathaway

For a friend with a place near Lake Robert Lee, I am trying to get the freqs for Coke County and Tom Green County, including San Angelo and all fire departments in both counties. All I can find for San Angelo is a listing that may be obsolete. Will someone please direct me to updated info on PD (all) and DPS analog channels--if any--now in use in Tom Green? If the City of SA is not scanable, please tell me why. Because there have been fires near his place where military firefighters responded, he need those fire freqs also. And since I drive through Tom Green with my Pro-106 fairly frequently, I would appreciate any digital freqs, also. Thank you in advance!

Joe

TNLTRPB

I was in San Angelo recently, and it appears that the city finally scrapped that old Johnson trunking system, and moved to an EDACS system. I'm afraid that they were conned into using ProVoice for their law enforcement talkgroups (didn't have my digital scanner with me, but my friend's analog I was trying to program definitely picked up a digital voice carrier of some sort), but on the voice channels...I could hear them dispatch EMS and fire.

I have no idea what the LCN is, perhaps someone with more experience can explain how to figure it out.

Edit:

Use the "Show all FCC licenses" thing for Tom Green county, then use the filters to get to the public safety trunked system ones...it seems that there may be two separate systems...one for data/telemetry and one for voice traffic, but I can't tell for sure.

The SO channel 2 is now P25 digital (and may now be their primary one, heard only a little traffic on SO 1), but I don't know the NAC. Last I remember, Coke county was all listed in the database.

Last edited:

JoeHathaway

More San Angelo Data?

Thank you both for the help! Is there anyone on this forum actually scanning the San Angelo TX PD, who would be willing to share their knowledge of the current system? My friend will be most interested in hearing crews fighting the next fire approaching his place, but both of us would like to be able to monitor the PD if possible. We are both volunteers with the Midland PD, and are obviously interested in law enforcement activities.

Joe

I was in San Angelo recently, and it appears that the city finally scrapped that old Johnson trunking system, and moved to an EDACS system. I'm afraid that they were conned into using ProVoice for their law enforcement talkgroups (didn't have my digital scanner with me, but my friend's analog I was trying to program definitely picked up a digital voice carrier of some sort), but on the voice channels...I could hear them dispatch EMS and fire.

I have no idea what the LCN is, perhaps someone with more experience can explain how to figure it out.

Edit:

Use the "Show all FCC licenses" thing for Tom Green county, then use the filters to get to the public safety trunked system ones...it seems that there may be two separate systems...one for data/telemetry and one for voice traffic, but I can't tell for sure.

The SO channel 2 is now P25 digital (and may now be their primary one, heard only a little traffic on SO 1), but I don't know the NAC. Last I remember, Coke county was all listed in the database.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.