Toms River EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I saw that the PD took over EMS. What do the other 6 squads do?

I am considering moving to Toms River, and I want to keep my cert. up.

Thanks,

Highpockets

res148cue said:
I saw that the PD took over EMS. What do the other 6 squads do?

I am considering moving to Toms River, and I want to keep my cert. up.

Thanks,

So you want to move to encryption land, move on down, we'll take care of you, make you feel like family. :D

SCPD

QRT
Highpockets said:
So you want to move to encryption land, move on down, we'll take care of you, make you feel like family. :D

Who's encrypted? I didn't notice any mention in the RRDB.

Highpockets

res148cue said:
Who's encrypted? I didn't notice any mention in the RRDB.

Toms River, Pt Pleasant, Berkeley Twp, and Manchester on some talk groups. Some of the cars are in the clear in TR, Pt, and B Twp, dispatch is mostly encrypted. I'm sure more will follow in the future, rumor has it Brick may also down the line. I hope the county doesn't when they start using the new frequencies they applied for.

SCPD

QRT
Highpockets said:
Toms River, Pt Pleasant, Berkeley Twp, and Manchester on some talk groups. Some of the cars are in the clear in TR, Pt, and B Twp, dispatch is mostly encrypted. I'm sure more will follow in the future, rumor has it Brick may also down the line. I hope the county doesn't when they start using the new frequencies they applied for.

Oh well. That can't be a reason for me not moving down there. I can't stand north jersey any more.

Highpockets

res148cue said:
Oh well. That can't be a reason for me not moving down there. I can't stand north jersey any more.

The best move I ever made, Elizabeth to Toms River, I wouldn't move back north if they gave me a house, but in the last 10 years TR is finally starting to remind me of up north. Still better here then up there!

crazyboy

The squads are still active, and do run a decent amount of calls. The med units are mainly daytime IMO. There is one on at night, but it seems that there is a duty crew at one of the squads at night. Not sure on this, but I do know that the squads are still active!

DJ88

The paid police med units are dispatched on Police F3, 471.950 (P25 digital/encrypted). I don't monitor any of the police frequencies due to all of the annoying encryption, so I can't verify whether or not the med unit dispatches are encrypted also. Maybe someone can verify this.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks. The Toms River PD website says the run 24/7, but I wasn't sure how current the info was.

SCPD

QRT
Highpockets said:

I can only presume that once Motorola sells digital to EVERYONE, they will pitch encryption even harder. It will come to the point where scanners won't be sold in the USA. But that's probably 10 years down the line.

Highpockets

res148cue said:
I can only presume that once Motorola sells digital to EVERYONE, they will pitch encryption even harder. It will come to the point where scanners won't be sold in the USA. But that's probably 10 years down the line.

You gave me an idea in one of your above posts, about nothing in the db about enc. I asked in the admin forum about adding a column with abbreviations for that when a town is digital, we'll see what happens. Right now it just says apco 25 in mode column, or FM.

Your right, the more they push encryption the more they make, even FA and fire are going now, 10 years sounds about right

SCPD

QRT
Highpockets said:
You gave me an idea in one of your above posts, about nothing in the db about enc. I asked in the admin forum about adding a column with abbreviations for that when a town is digital, we'll see what happens. Right now it just says apco 25 in mode column, or FM.

Your right, the more they push encryption the more they make, even FA and fire are going now, 10 years sounds about right

Some states on the DB do state P25 Enc. But I guess nobody on the NJ DB has submitted info.

crazyboy

res148cue said:
Thanks. The Toms River PD website says the run 24/7, but I wasn't sure how current the info was.

Yep the med units are on 24/7 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.