Tone Avoidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
I am scanning all frequencies of a particular FCC license. When I search for example 156.0300 the tone is set for SEARCH I get all sites in my area that use that frequency. If one of them is 156.0300 CTCS 110.9 and is a tone used in another county is there a way to avoid that tone without avoiding that whole frequency?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The only way to avoid one tone is to have several entries for the same frequency, each with a different tone setting. Then Avoid the entry with the tone you don't want to hear. You'll have to search that frequency first, to find out what all tones are used, then create a separate frequency entry for each tone.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
What model of scanner? If it is a 436HP or 536HP, you can lockout a tone in Sentinel. Select the tone and enable the "Tone L/O" option.

I found that in the Sentinel instructions and tried it but it didn't work, that tone still pops up. There is so little traffic on the frequencies as it is I will just do without it.

SkyOtaku

Premium Subscriber
I thought the Tone L/O on Sentinel wasn't working but when I looked at my logs on Proscan it is working just as I wanted it to. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.