Toronto Fire P25 Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarlock

Is there a time line yet as to when we can expect to see TFS do a full move to the Toronto P25 system?

I ask as it is in the 700MHz and if I were to buy an XTS 2500 for 800MHz I believe the new 700MHz P25 system would be out of band.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

You beat me to it :)

I was just reading that document and was gonna post the link

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Have they started the move over yet or they still doing minor testing Toronto Fire, been on holidays so haven't been listening lately.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
There's a very small handful of TFS apparatus who are now P25 but most are still analog.

Toronto EMS is now all P25 and many of the channels are gone from the analog system (including the automated dispatcher on ICALL).

_jabber_

P25 EMS

Million Dollar question? Are they encrypted?

There's a very small handful of TFS apparatus who are now P25 but most are still analog.

Toronto EMS is now all P25 and many of the channels are gone from the analog system (including the automated dispatcher on ICALL).

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Yes i just added EMS and hear them so nope so far their not enc but i hear nothing out of fire except the odd transmission

mciupa

Database Admin
Thanks for the replies guys, guess its time to start shopping for Ph II

So far, the only use of Phase II have been the GO Transit talkgroups. I think Toronto City Security was also running it on the TPS system however they also ran encryption with P25 PII.

Status
Not open for further replies.