Toronto Fire Twitter Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shteb13

I don't know if anyone else had been doing this but in addition to my scanning I was following Toronto fire on twitter, which was handy because I would get live updates to what I was listening to. For example in a certain location it would indicate truck numbers R113 P131 etc. I noticed that they have stopped tweeting. Anyone know anything about this?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Why didn't you just ask them on Twitter?

I don't know if anyone else had been doing this but in addition to my scanning I was following Toronto fire on twitter, which was handy because I would get live updates to what I was listening to. For example in a certain location it would indicate truck numbers R113 P131 etc. I noticed that they have stopped tweeting. Anyone know anything about this?

shteb13

Idle they dont respond on twitter,
I like the CAD but twitter worked better bc I got the notification to my phone as SMS and i didn't have to use my data while on the go...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm pretty sure the Twitter feed is automatic from their CAD system from what I can tell from the tweets' fomrat. I'd noticed that it was not sending just the other night, when I was showing someone how prevalent social media has become in emergency services. Oops!

I believe it was written or maintained by "Iain J. Grant" (Twitter: @ijg) based on some of the info available from the @tofire page. I've just now sent him a tweet asking what's up, but that may be futile - he last tweeted August 15, having been rather active before that (and @tofire last tweeted August 19).

Let's just hope he's on vacation and can't be back to reset everything...

MAC_01

Any update as to why the TORFIRE twitter feeds still aren't working? I noticed Tor.Fire live incidents hasn't been working for a few days either.

A question? Recently Toronto Police has disappeared and now can only hear Toronto Fire, OPP on the audio channel. Does anybody know why the TPS feeds is no more?

Thanks!

shteb13

Happy to say that the twitter feed us back up and in full force!
Woke up this morning to find several incidents reported!

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to the MTO updates via email for road closures/ lane restrictions? I found that really handy but it stopped and can't find the link to it..

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Anyone know what happened to the MTO updates via email for road closures/ lane restrictions? I found that really handy but it stopped and can't find the link to it..

Still running.

MTO Traffic Alerts (@MTOAlerts) on Twitter or you can get them by email from http://canalert.ca:81/mailman/admin/mto-alerts

Most Recent One
*-NEW-*
401 Westbound Collector(s) [HWY 400 - ] - Collision
Highway: 401
Direction: Westbound
From/At: HWY 400
Lanes Affected: LEFT SHOULDER AND 2 LEFT LANE(S)
Reason Collision
Last Change: ENTERED 2011-11-26 19:53:46

Event Start: November 26, 2011 19:53:46
====END====

Status
Not open for further replies.