Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarlock

I have been hearing a lot of apparatus saying that there MTD computers are down. It sounds like they are back to the good old days where they have to relay everything over the radio. I heard dispatch say they had a city wide power failure and also it's down city wide. Interesting stuff to hear.

Note: I have been monitoring South Ops only so far.

Last edited:

AOD999

I have been hearing a lot of apparatus saying that there MTD computers are down. It sounds like they are back to the good old days where they have to relay everything over the radio. I heard dispatch say they had a city wide power failure and also it's down city wide. Interesting stuff to hear.

Note: I have been monitoring South Ops only so far.
What ever happened to the good ol' if it aint broke don't fix? dispatches over the radio was 100% fine.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
A great system that TFS is paying $1mil/year to TPS for. They were down to just less than $500k a year, then last year it doubled no doubt for the new radios.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
MDT (Mobile Data Terminal's) send and receive information like a computer. They may send out the location and details of a dispatch call. In the case of police they are used to search/look-up license plates, criminal information etc

Does anyone know what the MTD Computers do?

Status
Not open for further replies.