Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 51, 53, 54, 55

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_0121

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious to see what divisions would people prefer to hear? Some people like to follow one band to keep track of what's going on, others prefer to hear all the chatter at once. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Nap

HWY. The problem is that as an internet feed I wouldn't be able to get it in my car, the place where it would actually be useful. lol.

Nap.

SCPD

QRT
soooooo who ever is hosting this feed i seno do error report and they haven't replied so i don't know what to do because i would like to hear toronto ems and im dying for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500FD/V10a Teleca/Q7.1 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

the CN tower is right on the boundary between 14 & 52, Spadina is the west boundary. I'd like a feed of 52 & whatever talkgroup they use for the Entertainment district on the weekend. 51D is cool but you have to wade thru 53D, a quieter division. So 14 and 52 gets my vote. Anything more than a few TG's is overkill, T.O. is just too big and the TPS system is too active for anything else. IMO the EMS or DAS as it is called was my fave before they stopped dispatching over the air or on Icalls.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500FD/V10a Teleca/Q7.1 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

removed.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

barrelroll said:
soooooo who ever is hosting this feed i seno do error report and they haven't replied so i don't know what to do because i would like to hear toronto ems and im dying for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you take matters into your own hands and buy a scanner already. Dont you know that you cant rely on others for something you want? Honestly you act like a kid with ADD at times.

Nap

Guys I don't want to lecture you, I just wanted to remind you some particular sections of the Radiocommunication Act that can help you making a decision on whether to provide or not certain "feeds".

Here it goes:

9. (1) [...]

(1.1) Except as prescribed, no person shall make use of or divulge a radio-based telephone communication

(a) if the originator of the communication or the person intended by the originator of the communication to receive it was in Canada when the communication was made; and

(b) unless the originator, or the person intended by the originator to receive the communication consents to the use or divulgence.

(2) Except as prescribed, no person shall intercept and make use of, or intercept and divulge, any radiocommunication, except as permitted by the originator of the communication or the person intended by the originator of the communication to receive it.

[...]

9.1 Every person who contravenes subsection 9(1.1) or (2) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable

(a) in the case of an individual, to a fine not exceeding twenty-five thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both; and

(b) in the case of a person other than an individual, to a fine not exceeding seventy-five thousand dollars.

Nap.

Last edited:

Nap

there is always an iphone app lol

True but by now I think that the novelty aspect of the iphone as a cool toy has quite worn out. What's left is the data plan that you have to pay every month.

On the other hand an analog scanner is an inexpensive, fun and perfectly legal toy. And once you've bought it it's yours to use as you see fit with no strings attached.

And you can use it for serious, useful stuff too, like as a weather radio with alarm.

Nap.

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

Guys I don't want to lecture you, I just wanted to remind you some particular sections of the Radiocommunication Act that can help you making a decision on whether to provide or not certain "feeds".

Here it goes:

9. (1) [...]

(1.1) Except as prescribed, no person shall make use of or divulge a radio-based telephone communication

(a) if the originator of the communication or the person intended by the originator of the communication to receive it was in Canada when the communication was made; and

(b) unless the originator, or the person intended by the originator to receive the communication consents to the use or divulgence.

(2) Except as prescribed, no person shall intercept and make use of, or intercept and divulge, any radiocommunication, except as permitted by the originator of the communication or the person intended by the originator of the communication to receive it.

[...]

9.1 Every person who contravenes subsection 9(1.1) or (2) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable

(a) in the case of an individual, to a fine not exceeding twenty-five thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both; and

(b) in the case of a person other than an individual, to a fine not exceeding seventy-five thousand dollars.

Nap.

I guess you have never looked in the Live Audio section before.. almost every other Canadian city is hosted.

Nap

I guess you have never looked in the Live Audio section before.. almost every other Canadian city is hosted.

I know... Not my intention to lecture anyone.... I was "just saying".....

Nap.

derevs

How about reading Mike Oxlong's e-mail regarding a letter from Industry Canada to Lindsay Blanton?
This might clear things up for a few people.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

First that was not MikeOxlongs letter, it was addressed to legal@RadioReference.com. Second it ONLY addresses using archived audio, NOT the legality of the feed itself.

No where does the letter say that by not archiving audio brings a feed into compliance with the 'Act. That was only one persons INTERPERTATION of the letter.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The letter says to me that In order for a feed to be legal the source is going to have to given consent. I.E. Lets say member X here from Burlington wants to set up a feed of his city/regions EDACS feed. I read that member X is going to have to ask the powers that be who use this system, Burlinton works, by-law transportation fire and Police if it is ok to provide a feed. If Fire, transport, and Police say no but works says yes, he/she can only provide a feed for works.

The moral remains, our laws are different than in the states with their so-called freedoms in their constitution and secondly, if you want to hear something, Buy a scanner or two, set up for own provite feed, dont tell anyone about discrete is elite.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Agreed EJB, myself and others have been saying much the same for a good long while now

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guys, please continue discussion on the legalities of Canadian Live Audio streaming in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...ed-providers-information-industry-canada.html

Mike_0121 has been made aware of the possible legalities regarding streaming by Nap and it's up to him to decide whether to continue.

He started this thread to find out what people would like to hear from his stream.

Any further discussion in this thread debating the legalities of streaming would be off topic.

Thanks.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
IC is the least of your worries. The ones you need to worry about are the hardcore scanner people in Toronto who think streaming will speed up encryption and do whatever they can to get streams shut down.

They wear the tin foil caps a little tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.