Toronto Snowplows

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have frequencies for City of Toronto snowplows? I've found in the RR db the MTO frequencies, but they don't plow the Gardiner or the DVP.

Appreciate any help you can give,

Rob

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Anybody have frequencies for City of Toronto snowplows? I've found in the RR db the MTO frequencies, but they don't plow the Gardiner or the DVP.

Appreciate any help you can give,

Rob

The highways you mentioned above are owned by the city.
From wha I remember the municpal 900 meg system has talkgroups for roads, check them out when the snow starts to fly.
The DB has the 900 meg system.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
The highways you mentioned above are owned by the city.
From wha I remember the municpal 900 meg system has talkgroups for roads, check them out when the snow starts to fly.
The DB has the 900 meg system.

I must be blind. I've been through every db entry for the City of Toronto but cannot find what you mentioned in any of the systems.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I didn't expect to find roads under Toronto Hydro, especially since one is a corporation and the other is a municipal government department. But thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Robert

unlisted

I didn't expect to find roads under Toronto Hydro, especially since one is a corporation and the other is a municipal government department. But thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Robert

From what I understand Toronto Hydro is the owner of that radio system, hence the name... (and I was lost trying to find that info once as well)

I think Toronto Hydro was trying at one point to start up a city wide wifi network, but I have not heard much about that in about 4 years now....

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
From what I understand Toronto Hydro is the owner of that radio system, hence the name... (and I was lost trying to find that info once as well)

I think Toronto Hydro was trying at one point to start up a city wide wifi network, but I have not heard much about that in about 4 years now....

They did and it was bought by Cogeco. You hear adds for it now and then.

pathalogical

Robert
You do have a point ! Maybe the DB should be re-named Toronto Hydro & Public Works.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Robert

Have a listen tonite/tomorrow when the centre of the universe gets its first snow

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
TRUNK88 shall be up in full force.

I would expect any talkgroup with any voice comms after 7 or 8pm would be plows, or at least something related to their ops.

Toronto Works is the one system I'd really like to try and complete somehow.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I always thought the army does the snowplowing in Toronto:lol:

Okay on a serious note, we have changed the system name to Toronto Hydro & Public Works:cool:

I seen alot of DLA this evening in certain areas, so they are preparing for it.

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
TRUNK88 is up and running on this system. I'll post around this time tomorrow what all it picked up overnight. So far, just lots of TDSB Security chatter.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hope you guys don't have the same kind of storm we did in the Calgary area. High winds caused drifting up to 2m deep in some areas. And Calgary's snow removal policies are dumbfoundingly stupid, to put it mildly. Today, 4+ days after the storm hit on Friday, there are still transit buses abandoned half-buried on certain streets, which means there are private cars completely covered as well.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
This storm is from Texas. The cold air you guys are suffering with will moderate as it passes over the Great Lakes. After it passes it will leave behind hellish winds and snow squalls in the usual places.

Mike: How many towers does this system have? I found that I got an amazing signal on it up at the 427 Deery/Rexdale Blvd area.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Here's how the numbers look from the last 24 hours (I'm not including TDSB Security or Toronto Hydro here).

Format is:

talkgroup "name on rr" number of hits in 24 hrs

16016 "Waste Alternate" 108
16048 "(not in database)" 6
16144 "Don Mills Yard" 398
16208 "King Yard" 463
16272 "Bering Yard" 127
16336 "North Roads" 343
16400 "Ellesmere Yard" 514
16464 "Dufferin Yard" 451
16496 "(not in database)" 7
16528 "Bermondsey Yard" 582
16560 "Morningside Yard" 875
16592 "Ingram Yard" 580
16625 "(not in database) 32
16688 "Roads" 441

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
So how has the storm treated you? Tallies here in Alberta say we only got a measly 1.4 to 2.8 cm at the end of last week, but the high winds caused drifting over 2m.

I hear Montreal is due for 20 to 30 cm ... is Toronto getting as much?

mciupa

Database Admin
It would be nice to figure out which talkgroups belong to these unidentified Yards

Commisioner , Booth , Disco , Central , Victoria Park

they must somehow belong to 16016, 16048,16336 ,16496 and 16624,

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm going to let it run for awhile...and see what I can find out.

Does anyone have a list of all Public Works yards? The only source I can find is Wikipedia.

Also, they keep mentioning something called "CSL" - as in... "Take a load over to CSL and come back to the yard". Any idea what CSL would be?

And no... Toronto hasn't been hit that hard, thankfully!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.