• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Touch screen laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scram

You have to get a screen with pressure sensitivity.

What you're in need of is a Tablet-PC, either a true tablet, or a convertable tablet (basically a laptop with a pressure sensitive screen)

cnmsales

Premium Subscriber
Actually it doesnt have to be a tablet. They do make regular monitors with touch screen capabilities.

Scram

Yeah, I know, Wacom actually has a huge monitor that is also a digitizer, I think it's 20 some inches+

But, since he said he has a laptop, I figured he didn't want a desktop or monitor :p

muhockey86

It's also not going to be cheap.......replacement screens can start at around $800.....so unless you have some special hook up and a tech to do it, it wont be easy.

wyldman

Don't forget too,that tablets cannot be used as a touch screen.They need a special pen to work with the digitizer.

You can get special monitors that will function as a touch screen.

Scram

Actually Wyld, You can get tablet PC's that are actual pressure receptors, not just digitizers :p
That you can either use a Stylus or your finger..

wyldman

I haven't seen a touch screen Tablet yet,except for some high end specialty ones,nothing mainstream though.The Gateway is the only one I know off that uses a pressure sensitive digitizer,but still requires the special pen.

Pocket PC's and Palm's can be used by touch.

Scram

Most of the true tablet's are touchscreen / pressure stylus, now the convertable tablet's are usually a digitizer pen, which means you can't just use a stylus or your finger..

red8

The wonders of modern technology never ceases to amaze me.
I mean who'd thunk it, twenty years ago the first desk top personal
home computer and now laptops with touch screens. What'll they
think of next?

Status
Not open for further replies.