Town of Cary

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Town of Cary TG 4464 this afternoon. This is unlisted in the DB and sounds like PD. Anyone know this TG?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Town of Cary TG 4464 this afternoon. This is unlisted in the DB and sounds like PD. Anyone know this TG?

It's Cary PD's IMPACT (Implementing Methods of Policing Against Crime Trends) TG.
Edit: More info about Cary's IMPACT team from their website:

Implementing Methods of Policing Against Crime Trends (IMPACT) Team

IMPACT has been a function of the Department since 1994. Originally a bicycle team, IMPACT has expanded it focus to combat crime trends, registered sex offenders and gangs. IMPACT has several distinct advantages over traditional foot or vehicular patrol because the team is not designed to provide 24/7 coverage and are not essential personnel in terms of being tied to calls for service. The value of IMPACT is not achieved by presence, rather by applying additional resources in a manner more focused than 911 driven resources can apply.

The IMPACT Team is fluid and adjusts to emerging crime trends, which enhancing the likelihood of officers detecting criminal activity and take appropriate action.

The IMPACT Team is comprised of eight officers, one sergeant and one lieutenant. They primarily work late afternoon to early morning 12-hour shifts. IMPACT is a group that can rapidly be deployed to address crime/disorder problems throughout the Town. Their unique patrol qualities make them especially useful in helping conduct surveillance or respond to crimes in progress. Additionally, the IMPACT patrols shopping centers during the holiday season. Lt. Travis Baker [office number (919) 319-4595] and Sgt. Wyatt Crabtree supervise the IMPACT Team.

It's now in the database.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Oh and Cary PD helpfully puts a pdf on their website of their patrol districts....but the unit numbers used on their TGs have never matched up to anything listed on their site so I can't help ya there.
Marshall KE4ZNR

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Marshall, how do you do it - know all this stuff, have the time to post it, etc. Here is my big shout out to you--- Thanks. BC

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall, how do you do it - know all this stuff, have the time to post it, etc. Here is my big shout out to you--- Thanks. BC

Radio geekness has always been one of my talents. I know waaaay more than any
sane reasonable person should know about this stuff :D
Glad I was able to help ya out man! :)
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.