Town of Clifton Park, Saratoga County Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafd55

The Town of Clifton Park, Saratoga County is using Mototrbo, does anyone have any information on the system because it's not in the database.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I believe it is being used by the highway department. Clifton Park Highway used to be on 151.025, however, with Warren County using 151.025 for Fire Control I think they were getting blown off the channel. So, new frequency, new digital modulation. 154.860 is the new channel. I don't have a way to monitor DMR so I can't 100% confirm its the Highway Department but it would be my best guess.

D

DaveNF2G

That explains that. I've been hearing intermittent blasts of digital on that frequency, but nothing long enough to ID or decode.

lafd55

It is the Highway Department, I have seen XPRs installed in the trucks. I wonder why they went trbo?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
So i guess when i here the annoying turbo noise on the town frequency i'll know whom it is....Also i would think they have gotten blown away by greene county highway as well from the south.....154.860 is NOT licensed for MOTO turbo.....only narrowband repeater...maybe hearing vermont again....?

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Probably because the County wants to charge more than it costs to buy a few radios. IIRC, Clifton Park has no property taxes and I'm sure they don't want to have to impose any.

Status
Not open for further replies.