Town Of Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hullonian

It seems to me that Hull has done something to their repeater in preparation for the move to the Hingham centralized facility. The audio quality is very poor and noisy. It makes me feel that this is a temporary installation until they either move the repeater or go onto new a frequency. I can not find any reference to this anyplace else. Has anyone heard anything or is it just my imagination?

ecps92

Which Repeater? The VHF or the UHF?

Hull would be moving to the UHF as part of the new Dispatch system.
They were using the new Repeater [See thread at SNE] for testing over thepast few weeks.

It seems to me that Hull has done something to their repeater in preparation for the move to the Hingham centralized facility. The audio quality is very poor and noisy. It makes me feel that this is a temporary installation until they either move the repeater or go onto new a frequency. I can not find any reference to this anyplace else. Has anyone heard anything or is it just my imagination?

ecps92

Hullonian

Hull

Thanks for the quick reply Bill. My fault for not specifying. I am not ready to buy new equipment yet so that is good news. But it stands to reason that eventually they will go trunked or P25. This would more efficiently handle PD, FD, Highway Dept, Electric Dept., Etc.

kennyblues

Thanks for the quick reply Bill. My fault for not specifying. I am not ready to buy new equipment yet so that is good news. But it stands to reason that eventually they will go trunked or P25. This would more efficiently handle PD, FD, Highway Dept, Electric Dept., Etc.

Don't wait for the town to go trunking, you might get very old. The FD is about to change from VHF to UHF, 159.1200 to 484.3250. In past times when the PD was having problems with the repeater they switched over to the Plymouth County car to car channel 482.3875. Will any of the departments switch to the P-25 mode? Again I wouldn't hold my breath, It could take many years, and a lot of tax dollars to replace all the radios.

ecps92

Not sure where you get P25 from the Wideband to Narrowband conversions. The only mandate by the FCC is to convert from wb to nb Not P25, yes some Dept's did, but don't hold your breathe

And trunked? We will be long retired before Local Dept's jump on to trunking around here. For the volume of Hull traffic, the 3/4 Freqs work fine.

=Hullonian;1593305]Thanks for the quick reply Bill. My fault for not specifying. I am not ready to buy new equipment yet so that is good news. But it stands to reason that eventually they will go trunked or P25. This would more efficiently handle PD, FD, Highway Dept, Electric Dept., Etc.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Hull FD

so can I clarify is Hull FD on 484.3250 or 482.9875?? and is there a tone with that would like to see if I can get them here in the Waltham/Lexington area. Thank you

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
so can I clarify is Hull FD on 484.3250 or 482.9875?? and is there a tone with that would like to see if I can get them here in the Waltham/Lexington area. Thank you

Hull FD is on 484.325 with a PL of 131.8 and Hull PD is on 482.9875 with a PL of 203.5. The Fire is switching over from their VHF frequency, as detailed here: Hull Fire UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.