TPD and TFD Crosspatching - 1 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I have answered this already.

These changes took place before you acquired your ability to scan trunk systems.

It may seem like there is something crazy happening here, but it is how a trunk system functions. As you've indicated, you are new to trunking. There will be more nuances to come for you.

Groups can be patched short term or long term. It is very easy for the dispatcher to turn it on and off at the dispatcher position.

You have to adapt to the way they are using their system. Scanning by talkgroups will cause you to miss things.

These are not the only talkgroups that see patch activity. They are just the most prominently using it, per the policy agreement between TPD and TFD.

The patch/unpatch will happen a lot more often than you have observed. And it can also be in place for quite a while.

Since the scanners don't alert you to the relationship of a patch to a talk group, if you scan only specific talk groups, you will likely miss activity when a patch occurs.

I scan by talk groups (I don't pay a lot of attention to the labels) and have had the ability to scan trunked systems for about a month and a half. I live SW of Tucson and scan Team 1 which is the closest one to me. For the first 2 weeks I was unable to listen to Team 1, but then I discovered TG 15011. Since then I have scanned both 19000 and 15011 and have observed that 19000 will be working for 1 to 3 days and then stop for up to 2 weeks. By the way it is working today.

Since I discovered 15011, I have found that it works all the time. I have not observed any switching between them. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Are they working on 19000 or what?

Anyone know what's happening? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.