Transfer of DMR Key from one radio to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustynswrail

I vaguely remember reading something about this, but cannot find the post.

I don't suppose there is anyway a DMR upgrade key could be decommissioned in one radio and transferred to another. This would be helpful if the radio is sold.

R

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No real way to "unsell" a key. Once you know the key for a particular ESN, that key is always valid. You'd have to both deactivate the key and change the units serial number.

Not practical.

gary123

for the $60 that uniden is asking its less trouble to just buy the updates and then have the comfort that if something happens to the hardware under warrenty the replacement will have the key already installed.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
DMR key for replacement radio

I can see some cases where being able to move the DMR key might be useful.

Here's an example:

I sent my 536 in twice for the failed clock fix. Second time back I received a refurbished radio. I purchased a DMR upgrade for my original radio.

I should not have to pay for a second upgrade. What am I to do?

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Here's an example:

I sent my 536 in twice for the failed clock fix. Second time back I received a refurbished radio. I purchased a DMR upgrade for my original radio.

I should not have to pay for a second upgrade. What am I to do?

Uniden will (or should have) flash(ed) your replacement to have the same ESN as the one it is replacing. That is exactly what they are doing for the 436 repair campaign.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If the tech is aware that the original had a DMR key, he will email me with the replacement radio information and I supply him with a replacement key. Contact CS. Once they verify the situation, they will ask me to issue a new key.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
If the tech is aware that the original had a DMR key, he will email me with the replacement radio information and I supply him with a replacement key. Contact CS. Once they verify the situation, they will ask me to issue a new key.

Thanks. I'll call CS on Monday.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber

Called CS. They'll forward the necessary info to corporate to get the new DMR key.

Good CS experience.

On another note,,,,, I had the 536 plugged in to AC power for 24 hours, set the clock, transferred radio to my vehicle, drove the short distance (5 miles) to work, low and behold the date switched to Nov 2.

I suppose the need to keep the plugged in to AC power and on for 50 hours is mandatory. I'll do that and see what occurs after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.